Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how?
Quote | Reply
Seeking advice on the best way to print swim sessions from Training Peaks to take to the pool.

Right now, I'm doing a 'screen grab' from the daily email, and printing only the relevant section. It's 'ok', but it isn't very dense and the font sizes are small.

Leaving my smartphone unattended on the poolside doesn't really work, never mind the hassle of unlocking it every time I want to remind myself what I'm doing.

What innovative suggestions have others come up with?
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laminated paper and white board marker and just copy down before I get in the pool. You can then 'stick' it to the starting blocks or side if the pool with water too 😁
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the description I copy the text and past it to a blank google docs sheet.

After I grab all the swim workouts for the week I fit them to a page and print.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Handwrite (or print if you have a printer, use "zoom" if needed) swim workout on a little piece of paper.
Put paper in Ziploc bag.
Leave paper on end of lane with the hardware.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't overthink it. Just cut and paste to a blank MS Word document, then enlarge the font (enough for my old eyes to read through foggy goggles), make it bold and print. I do this once a week so I have all swim workouts in a single paper that I trim to pieces.

Cut the paper and put it into a CD sleeve attached to my water bottle...

Simple and effective!

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy a ream of cardstock about once every two years for less than $10 at Walmart. Cut them in half as needed, and use a sharpie to write my workouts down before I go to the pool. No ziplock needed and goes straight to the trash when done.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
Handwrite (or print if you have a printer, use "zoom" if needed) swim workout on a little piece of paper.
Put paper in Ziploc bag.

+1

I tried using a connect iq notes app and would add workout to that and view it while in the pool. It was more of a pain in the a** than it was worth. Paper and ziplock bag work fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be young, but the tried and true pen and paper method works for me. I fold it into forths and but it in a baggie. 1 paper gets me thru the week

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
louisn wrote:
Put paper in Ziploc bag.

+1

I tried using a connect iq notes app and would add workout to that and view it while in the pool. It was more of a pain in the a** than it was worth. Paper and ziplock bag work fine.

Yea its aweful. The fact there is no way to insert an interval or redo something is crazy. Every workout log should have a way to insert additional laps or redo a lap.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Copy / paste to notepad and print.

- or -

I've started entering the full workout in Garmin. Works really well.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:

A variant of this one looks like the best option yet. My coach drops in the warm-up, mainset & post-set from his 'library' as 3 separate workouts, so the 'Workout of the Day' email is the best starting point as all the info is there in one place.

Then its:
  • select the text
  • open TextEdit
  • paste without formatting (I'm on a Mac) - removes all the graphics
  • a few edits to clean up the formatting (eg bold each section header)
  • 10pt font so it all fits on one page
  • print
  • into the waterproof holder and go

3 minutes. That's OK.

I keep the paper copies so that next time I do the same workout (or a progressed version of the same), I can hand edit with a pen if required, and then re-use.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [illesornayr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have a laser printer, just print on regular paper. stick it on a slightly wet kickboard and leave it at the end of the lane. It'll last through practice, then bin it when you're done.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:

- or -

I've started entering the full workout in Garmin
. Works really well.

This is what I've always done. I don't do a huge variety of swim sets...so, its not too much work. Every now and again, I'll add a new set to the library.

But, then you have to be willing to swim with a giant brick of a watch on your wrist that slows you down by 20s / 100scy, that completely disrupts any possibility of generating a correct feel for the water and a proper EVF.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
wcb wrote:

- or -

I've started entering the full workout in Garmin
. Works really well.

This is what I've always done. I don't do a huge variety of swim sets...so, its not too much work. Every now and again, I'll add a new set to the library.

But, then you have to be a complete dork.

FIFY ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

But, then you have to be a complete dork.

FIFY ;-)

Yeah...cuz THAT'S what tips it over the edge. If it weren't for the watch....
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jan 9, 20 8:12
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks: printing swim sessions - how? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
If you have a laser printer, just print on regular paper. stick it on a slightly wet kickboard and leave it at the end of the lane. It'll last through practice, then bin it when you're done.

Yes, I've been doing this for 20+ years until I started using the Garmin Forerunner for swim workouts. I still print the workouts for my daughters.

You will probably find out that you don't have that many different swim workouts. After a couple of weeks you just print out the workout you have already saved.
Quote Reply