Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

crossfits #1 guy to 70.3
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

Crossfit has pretty much died in the arse in Australia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'm a CrossFitter, and I could only make it about 26 seconds into that video before throwing in the towel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't see Matt Fraser anywhere in that video. He is THE #1 guy in crossfit. Don't even know who that wanker in the video is.
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [kini62] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is he Crossfits #1 guy if he is not even in the top 1500 in the world https://games.crossfit.com/athlete/549591
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - that dude is on a different level.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy in the Youtube video is not quite the #1 guy in the world:

Last edited by: Durhamskier: May 7, 20 6:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hereby vote this as the worst attempt at a topic thread of the last decade. Abysmal. Boo. Hiss.
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you remove the 1, 5, and 9 from his overall place he is number 1 :)

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"He became the first person to win the title of "Fittest Man on Earth" four times with his first-place finish in the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Cross fit games"

yet im sure if chrissie wellington / mirinda carfrae of that era went to try something new you folk would be drooling all over (case in point gwen jorgenson)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
"He became the first person to win the title of "Fittest Man on Earth" four times with his first-place finish in the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 Cross fit games"

I'm not sure where you got that quote. But the guy in the video appears to be someone named Craig Richey? Rich Froning won the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 CrossFit games.

Quote:
yet im sure if chrissie wellington / mirinda carfrae of that era went to try something new you folk would be drooling all over (case in point gwen jorgenson)

Yes, but this guy appears to be the Craig Richey of that era.

fwiw, Rich Froning did try triathlon:

Last edited by: trail: May 7, 20 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had done Crossfit regularly for nearly 5 years. I had mixed Crossfit with my dedicated tri training together for years. It simply doesn't work. Cross training is great for strength work but not to the level Crossfit does. I think maintaining a regular schedule of Crossfit with your triathlon training is great way to be mediocre at both, at best, and injured at worst.

There is simply no way around dedicated time on the bike, run, and swim. Every hour you pull from any of those, takes away from your potential and could hurt next day performance due to being sore. My experience anyway......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
synthetic wrote:

I'm not sure where you got that quote. But the guy in the video appears to be someone named Craig Richey? Rich Froning won the 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 CrossFit games.

Quote:

thanks for correcting me. the news article I got this from was misleading
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
synthetic wrote:

Quote:

Lmao! That picture looks like a bunch of drowning swans. Froening finished dead last in his swim heat a few years ago when he was at the top of his game. Crossfit has a long way to go to be considered a form of multisport.
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
Lmao! That picture looks like a bunch of drowning swans. Froening finished dead last in his swim heat a few years ago when he was at the top of his game. Crossfit has a long way to go to be considered a form of multisport.

what? if anything it is true multi sport, more than triathlon. guess you think decathlon has a long way too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must have missed the memo where every subset of training is considered a sport.

Chin-ups: not a sport. Especially kipping chin-ups. A strength training movement.
Cleans: not a different sport than snatches.
1 mile run: not a different sport than a 10k.

Etc etc.

It’s the sport of training for sport. Great marketing, though.
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
I must have missed the memo where every subset of training is considered a sport.

Chin-ups: not a sport. Especially kipping chin-ups. A strength training movement.
Cleans: not a different sport than snatches.
1 mile run: not a different sport than a 10k.

Etc etc.

It’s the sport of training for sport. Great marketing, though.

you know they have added swim/bike/row to crossfit events right? One of the games they did have a triathlon in there.

i would be careful saying clean is no different than snatches - yes i understand they fall under the same sport of olympic lifting, but clean & jerk is forgiving on technique, the snatch not so
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [AUman365] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AUman365 wrote:
There is simply no way around dedicated time on the bike, run, and swim. Every hour you pull from any of those, takes away from your potential and could hurt next day performance due to being sore. My experience anyway......

I'm a pure cyclist, and it works for me. But I'm also careful with it. I don't "sell the farm" on daily CrossFit workouts.

I doesn't substitute hours on the bike, though.
Quote Reply
Re: crossfits #1 guy to 70.3 [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The comments around the pic too đŸ˜‚

For a second there I was impressed how relaxed and humble the #1 crossfitter in the world is. And how tough is that sport if they do 70.3 to recover from a back injury?
Quote Reply