Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dare tri this in an ows / tri race
Quote | Reply
Every 25m come up for a gulp of air... Will this be good enough to beat a pro in wetsuit? Does definitely sound dangerous to try

https://getpocket.com/...roke-the-fastest-yet
Quote Reply
Re: Dare tri this in an ows / tri race [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck sighting like that lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Article is about 30 years too late, we already know under water dolphin is the fastest way to move across a pool, until you run out of air..
Quote Reply
Re: Dare tri this in an ows / tri race [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Article is about 30 years too late, we already know under water dolphin is the fastest way to move across a pool, until you run out of air..

yes but has it been attempted at ows events?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes but has it been attempted at ows events? //

For sure, I started doing it about 20 years ago. When there is a beach start to a race, I do the normal run out, and on the last dolphin dive down, I do a bunch of underwater kicks. I usually come up a body length ahead of others who hadn't though about that. And if there is surf, then I do it under each wave, to stay low under the surge longer, so a double benefit.

But here is the thing, this is an anaerobic exercise. You are not going to be able to do any distance with this, it is a sprinters stroke. I just use it to get out of congestion, so worth the expense. But other than that, there is no where you would use this, unless there is some way to dive down 50 meters from the finish of PW swims, and try to dolphin in underwater. But I dont think that would really work, because of the lack of dive. Part of the advantage is the actual dive in and the momentum you get, and then can carry forward. Not sure if you could just dive down while swimming and get the same benefit..But it is a thought, and something for others to try for sure. Those races are won and lost by 100th's, so anything that gets your hand on the bridge quicker would have to be explored..
Quote Reply