Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone has info on the new Cobb (Speed and Comfort) narrow noseless saddles (Delta 38)?
Quote | Reply
I've seen ads for the saddle when browsing on my phone/tablet, but haven't seen it when accessing the page on my desktop.

There's also no corresponding product page on Speed and Comfort website, and I was wondering if anyone has more info on them.

In theory, it may be something that works for me, as i've been on Cobb saddles since 2011 (V-Flow plus and its successor on the road bike, JOF 55 on the TT) and know what I'm getting. The JOF 55 unfortunately may just be a bit too unforgiving for indoor training, and this new saddle may just resolve that issue. That said, its price is comparable to that of a Dash saddle, which are quite a bit lighter...

So, any info on these would be great. Thanks in advance

ETA: there apparently is a product page on this thing. At 355 grams, it sure aint light...
Last edited by: echappist: Jan 7, 20 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone has info on the new Cobb (Speed and Comfort) narrow noseless saddles (Delta 38)? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone has info on the new Cobb (Speed and Comfort) narrow noseless saddles (Delta 38)? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
I've seen ads for the saddle when browsing on my phone/tablet, but haven't seen it when accessing the page on my desktop.

There's also no corresponding product page on Speed and Comfort website, and I was wondering if anyone has more info on them.

In theory, it may be something that works for me, as i've been on Cobb saddles since 2011 (V-Flow plus and its successor on the road bike, JOF 55 on the TT) and know what I'm getting. The JOF 55 unfortunately may just be a bit too unforgiving for indoor training, and this new saddle may just resolve that issue. That said, its price is comparable to that of a Dash saddle, which are quite a bit lighter...

So, any info on these would be great. Thanks in advance

ETA: there apparently is a product page on this thing. At 355 grams, it sure aint light...

Did you see Slowman’s front page Cervelo build article? He’s got the 38 on the new bike. I’m sure you can hit him up for early results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The JOF 55 unfortunately may just be a bit too unforgiving for indoor training,

To each his own as I find the JOF perfect for all situations, including indoor training. I've currently got one on my road bike and on my trainer bike. It just works for me. and I'll probably add one to my gravel bike sometime soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone has info on the new Cobb (Speed and Comfort) narrow noseless saddles (Delta 38)? [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d suggest calling them as I’m in process of evaluating the 38 vs the Delta M. Denny at their office has been more than helpful and asked that I send trainer video for Mr Cobb to review and make suggestions. Abnormal level of CS that I appreciate. Weight had me alarmed too but I’m coming off ISM so nothing lost nothing gained. Looked at Carbon Soft model but don’t think it would work for me over 112 miles. All my best in your search.

H4L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something of a saddle junkie here, so already have a few indoor trainer rides on the Delta 38. Photo below shows it next to the JOF55 (which actually works pretty well for me, but I cant help trying new ones in the quest for ever better comfort.) Anyway, for me, the Delta 38 definitely rides "narrower" than the JOF55. The overall width at the nose is less, but also it feels like the width of each prong is slightly less wide all the way back toward the rear of the saddle (at least up to the farthest rear point I would actually ride it.) The sides of the saddle at the nose are also cut more vertical on the Delta 38 than the JOF55, so no matter how far back I sit on the Delta 38, generally a more roomy feel between saddle and thigh compared to where my thighs might rub slightly on the JOF 55. I am still alternating rides between both saddles, but I think so far, for me, I slightly prefer the somewhat thicker width of each prong on the JOF55 (feels like more total area supporting my weight even when I am trying to ride exactly where each saddles has the same overall width across the saddle, if that makes sense. Maybe if I was lighter, it would help? I'm 6'4 185#) YMMV. FWIW, the firmness of the padding on the Delta 38 does feel just a bit firmer to me, but my JOF55 has a few years of riding on it now. Overall, I can see the Delta 38 being a great option to try for someone who feels the JOF55 is just too wide and/or causing too much thigh rub. For me, I'm curious to try the JCOB Type 5 to see if it feels at all different from the JOF 55. Hope that helps.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone has info on the new Cobb (Speed and Comfort) narrow noseless saddles (Delta 38)? [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the detailed response
Quote Reply