Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who has had Red ETap AXS failures?
Quote | Reply
i have DI2 on my bike and have yet to see a problem with it, save dropping a chain due to synchro shift but that on me, not so much the equipment.

in the spirit of the DI2 thread...

who has had failures / problems with the newer Red ETap AXS groupset?

from what ive read online it seems its been pretty solid, save some noisy chain issues here and there.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Who has had Red ETap AXS failures? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to side track but I don't get why people use synchro shift. My Etap 11 speed on my road bike has been flawless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the etap AXS and haven't had a single issue. I came from Di2 and did not have problems with that either.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has had Red ETap AXS failures? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Sorry to side track but I don't get why people use synchro shift.
Continuing the sidetrack... I have eTap 11 speed on my road bike and Di2 on my TT bike. eTap is the perfect road bike UI. Di2 Synchro is the perfect TT bike UI. Synchro on a TT bike just lets you pedal hard while it does the thinking for you. It is so awesome, I would only ever put Di2 on a TT bike because of Synchro. And, I would only ever put eTap on a road bike because of its perfect shifting interface for road riding.

Back half on topic... My eTap 11 has been flawless, save for two dead battery user errors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode Etap 11spd for several years on multiple bikes and only had one issue early on with a rear derailleur randomly stopped working for a day, but then worked flawlessly for many 1000's of km's. Other than that no issues and very happy, hence a wholesale swap over to AXS.

Shifting of AXS is a notch above 11spd Etap (if set up correctly) and the machining of the red cassettes and chainrings is a thing of beauty.

Only issue I've had with AXS (have it on 4x bikes in household) was getting energy drink from a BTA bottle onto the blip box and causing the gears to shift erratically. This was towards the end of arguably the toughest IM bike leg i've ever ridden and so the expletives where rife. The o-rings on the blip connectors are a weakpoint, if you are disconnecting frequently (ie travelling), I am still try to source a supply of replacements, but more conscious of where i position blip box and applying a little silcone grease to connectors to help make up and sealing.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has had Red ETap AXS failures? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
Sorry to side track but I don't get why people use synchro shift.
Continuing the sidetrack... I have eTap 11 speed on my road bike and Di2 on my TT bike. eTap is the perfect road bike UI. Di2 Synchro is the perfect TT bike UI. Synchro on a TT bike just lets you pedal hard while it does the thinking for you. It is so awesome, I would only ever put Di2 on a TT bike because of Synchro. And, I would only ever put eTap on a road bike because of its perfect shifting interface for road riding.

Back half on topic... My eTap 11 has been flawless, save for two dead battery user errors.
That's funny because thats what I have on my bikes and wouldn't have any different only I don't want a bike thinking for me especially at what moment I am changing chainrings. That is in my control and I do all the thinking and pedal hard...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i have DI2 on my bike and have yet to see a problem with it, save dropping a chain due to synchro shift but that on me, not so much the equipment.

in the spirit of the DI2 thread...

who has had failures / problems with the newer Red ETap AXS groupset?

from what ive read online it seems its been pretty solid, save some noisy chain issues here and there.

Between the lady and I we have 10 / 11 speed Di2 on numerous bikes as well as Red eTap and AXS. eTap seems more reliable than AXS. The AXS bike had a grouppo warranties once because it bricked. The PM is great other than the fact that cadence can be screwy from time to time.

I vastly prefer our Di2 bikes. Bullet proof for us, perfect and fast shifting and I can pick my PM. eTap isnt quite as quick to shift. My AXS 1x12 TT rig needs a chain catcher to be bullet proof.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Jan 7, 20 14:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a failure of my 11 speed etap at 2019 kona at 6 miles to go to the turn around in Hawi. On the climb, luckily I was in the small ring, and the rear dérailler ghost shifted to the 11...and stayed there. I pushed all blips to see if anything would work. Nothing did. I fiddled with the cables on the blip box, thinking maybe something came loose. Nothing worked. I resolved myself to a 50 mile single speed workout. Luckily, near Hawi, some of the blips began to work and I had operation of both front and rear deraillers. Eventually, all blips started working except for the right sided aero extension blip. After the race, when riding back to the hotel, for some reason, they all worked. Next day, only two blibs worked. I opened the blip box, and there was water in it. Sram warrantied it. I sold the bike. I’ve had dI2 on cyclocross bikes and never had issue. I also had campagnolo eps and never had issue.
Quote Reply