Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who has had DI2 failures? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I am surprised when people go 1x in di2 ( I myself have done this) And really didn't see the point. Was it nice? Yes but there is something nice about a really crisp mechanical shift.
I'm surprised people go 1X at all!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
MKirk wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Have we discussed this before?
It seems to happen with some regularity. I have witnessed it at races and theres always pros with problems in races from time to time.

May keep the race bike mechanical đŸ¤”

Who has had SRAM eTap failures.........
Who has had Mechanical failures........
Who has had Tubeless failures........
Who has had Tube failures..........
Who has had Tire failures...........
Who has had Chain failures............
Who has had Saddle failures.........
Who has had Seat Post failures..........

Are you angry?

Nah, just stating the obvious that no system is perfect for everyone.......and they all have failures

To answers the OP original question, I have Di2 on 3 bikes and have only ever had one issue.....which is on my oldest bike which has the original DA Di2 (and still using the original battery). Shop testing figured out I had a bad control box so we replaced.....and didn't fix the problem.....Installed new brifters, and FD and still had the same issue - ended up that the replacement control box was defective as well - negative was it was difficult finding replacement parts for the old system....(Ebay) and during the process the bike was not usable - Mechanical is much easier to fix and solve problems with.

My two other Di2 bikes (Gravel and road) have been flawless. Personal preference - I would NEVER go back to a mechanical system - ever! Getting close to saying that about disc as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With D I 12 would you have any concerns or do any special prep to put equipt bike on top of car and drive from Seattle to Tuscon AZ
through rain, rain, more rain,Siskiyous mountain snow , dust storm in palm desert and hope to ride 400 miles the next week?

Gonna need 3 glow sticks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a failure? My ultegra rear Di2 eventually narrowed it's ability to shift. At first it was just the smallest and largest sprockets in the cassette. Finally it shifted to maybe just 3-4 gears in the rear. Used my front derailleur quite a bit during this time.

For a few months after this was diagnosed by the LBS as a Di2 failure via the software, I could still loosen it up manually at the beginning of each ride so I could get 8-9 gears working.

Replaced it with a new Ultegra rear Di2 and the new one worked immediately. Love Di2 and thrilled with how simple it's been.

Bought the original one at Performance Bike so I can't return it there. Yet, would like to send it back somewhere for a diagnosis of what happened here.

Here's a helpful site. https://di2center.com/

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Who has had DI2 failures? [go.dog.go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go.dog.go wrote:
With D I 12 would you have any concerns or do any special prep to put equipt bike on top of car and drive from Seattle to Tuscon AZ
through rain, rain, more rain,Siskiyous mountain snow , dust storm in palm desert and hope to ride 400 miles the next week?

I made my choice I've gone back to mechanical on my race bike. I still have a bike that's di2 and I will use it for time trials but as far as triathlon goes I'm sticking to mechanical and probably mechanical 1x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
0 failures in any of my 3 bikes - I had di2 since first day (11spd groupsets)

it works so great that I am chasing a cheap one on ebay for the trainer bike

always perfect, never fails, always sharp, not adjustments necessary

in other words "it just works"

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next