Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What the hell? I'm way behind. I usually buy the generic store variety razor with two blades and lubricating strip. I usually go for the pivot head. I use one for a week and toss it. I only shave M-F, and never on weekends. I have a 5:00 shadow at 2:00. I shave in the shower, without shaving cream.
Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [peter826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The commodore's boat must have gone down, or something, but this is one of the best posts ever:

I don't bother with a shower. I walk myself down to the ocean and wade on into the salty sea water. Now that it's winter here in New England, I wear a speedo to keep warm. I lather myself up with lye, scrub down with a wire brush, and shave my face with the shards from a broken shell of a Quahog. I clean under my nails and between my teeth with a marlinspike, and then gargle with seawater for nice fresh breath. The only foaming product that touches my body is the frothy seafoam from waves breaking on the hard rocks. If I really want to treat myself, I lace up some barnacles in a long strand of seaweed and use them to "exfoliate" my back. That does a nice job of removing any unsightly back hair as well.

Aaaaaaaargh

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of maritime themes.....A pirate walks into a bar. He has an automobiles steering wheel shoved down his pants. The bartender looks at him and says: Hey buddy ! Is that a steering wheel in your pants or what ?

The pirate replies: Aaaargh ! It's drivin' me nuts !

Tony Verow MD
Durango, CO 81301
Averow@bresnan.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the shave the mach 3 gives me...much better than the sensor...I have pretty sensitivie skin and I find the mach 3 much sharper and a closer shave than anything out there. Will probably try the fusion 5 but want to see how much they are charging for blades first...that's where it hits the pocket the worst.

As for the ads...anyone remember the original Mach 3 ad when the jet fighter and the plane peel away and then his helmet and then his uniform, etc...that guy was a buddy of mine and we used to get on his case everythim it would come on TV...we'd also use his star power at the bars with the women...come meet the mach 3 guy. I'll tell you one thing though, he made a shitload of money for that commercial.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I really like the shave the mach 3 gives me...much better than the sensor...I have pretty sensitivie skin and I find the mach 3 much sharper and a closer shave than anything out there. Will probably try the fusion 5 but want to see how much they are charging for blades first...that's where it hits the pocket the worst.

That's exactly my point... The MACH3 is a great shave... Gillette market's an extra two blades... We don't need 2 more blades. Were already getting a great shave... What we need is the cost of the MACH 3 blades to come down in price...

Now you said your getting a great shave... I'm saying within 6 months time... You won't be feeling like your getting a great shave. Why? Because Gillette will lower their sharpening standards... That is if a "1" is the sharpest they can make a stainless steel blade and the Mach 3 currently is sharpedn to a "1", they will lower the MACH3 to a sharpening standard of "2", which is still an OK shave. Now, you finally break down and purchase the FUSION. The replacement blades will cost $2.00+ or more, and you will get a shave with a blade that is sharpended to a "1". We already had that, it's called the MACH3 before they lower their sharpening standards.

You also say that you get a better shave from your MACH3 then from your sensor. Under current standards that correct for the sensor which had a sharpening standard of a "1" before the MACH 3 is now a sharpended to a "2". The sensor will now get a demotion and be sharpend to a "3". People who refuse to move to the MACH3 will finally break down and get the MACH3 and think their getting a great shave, compared to the SENSOR...

It's marketing genius at it's best... I also think there could be a general lawsuit if someone actually spent the time & money to attempt to prove my theory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never really thought of it that way...either because I didn't think Gillette marketing types were that smart...or just because I'm plain dum...yes, that's right, D-U-M, dum!

But your argument makes sense from a marketing standpoint but would Gillette really spend the extra cash to make sure that they get blades that are all different sharpening standards instead of getting all the blades from the same place at the same standard of sharpness (is that a word?). Seems like the hassle of making every blade a different level of sharp would increase costs across the board. Companies are more into standardizing parts so that they can utilize one setup, one machine, one go at it. I would assume that sensors, mach3s and fusions and that all blades are the same. But like I said before...maybe I'm just DUM.

Good athletes train when they want to, great athletes train when they don't......

Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [mileader] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah. Everything is made to meet tolerances. What would happen is that Quality Control would sort the blades into grades (say 1, 2, 3) after they are manufactured. the 1's will go into the expensive razors, the 2's into the cheapies, and the 3's are rejects. That mimimizes the wastage.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was out of blades one time and had to use one of my wife's "pink ones" ('any port in a storm' as one of my buddies says). Geez. It felt like I was shaving with the prongs of a fork.

I've been using the same Mach 3 blades in my razor for 4 months ... shaving every day except saturday. Figure $5 for a pack of 3 replacement "blade heads" ...and if each blade head last 4 months ... I've got a cheap shaving machine.

Unlike the Norelco with "goo" electric shaver I got for a gift. Talk about useless. Shave in the morning and you need to shave again at 2pm. I could rub sandpaper on my face and get a closer shave (and less irritation).

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i refuse to use anything on my face that releases 'goo'. That is just wrong.

The Mach 3 blades last forever. Fabulous.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A child once asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?". Jesus spread his arms *this wide* ... and then He died.

That's a little fucked up, no?

Not at all. It's from a poster that I saw at a Catholic School. The poster had a cross on it. It's describing that Jesus loved the child so much that He died for the child's sake.

"Spread his arms this wide" (visualize the cross) ... and then died (i.e., crucified).

It was very touching when I saw it. I had never heard it stated that way before. Maybe it's one of those things that doesn't translate well without the image. Perhaps I should remove it.

=======================
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Feb 10, 06 14:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps I should remove it.

Nah.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man I am a sucker...I will admit the idea is so ridiculous that the next time I need a new razor I will be getting the power Fusion. I currently I use the Mach3 power which is awesome...actually the only thing that I like about it better than the sensor is the fact that I tend to get less razor burn. The shave is really pretty much the same but my face is less irritated. I will agree that with the Mach3 my blades seem to last at least twice as long (granted they are more expensive!)

When they bump it up to 7 blades and it has a laser guidance system I will be buying into it as well. As much as I try not to be I am a consumer whore. Any time I use one of the cheap disposible razors my face bleeds for hours - bring on the fusion
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's from a poster that I saw at a Catholic School.

Yeah, I totaly got the reference. I just found it a bit creepy. And actually, since you've offended my religious sensibilities, I hereby issue a fatwa calling for your death. I'm going to go burn something now.

;)

I hereby issue a fatwa calling for your death.

You better hope nothing happens to me on the Interstate. My brother-in-law "knows people".

You gotta love the LR ... we're gonna be throwing fatwas's at everything now. A new dead horse has just ben dumped into the arena. Clubs readys.

I'm going to go burn something now.

Probably a cigaweed. =)

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw this today. The partical accelerator was hokey. I hope this is a campaign and in the next ad they do a wind-tunnel comparison test with two different guys' faces to see which is the most aero - the new Gillette razor or it's competitor...
Quote Reply
Re: Gillette Razor's - Give me a break... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 10" of stainless welding rod and a piece of 700c inner tube , Cheap 2 bladed cartridges from walmart >>>>> I'm shavin Baby. Clips right in >>>>>>>[/img]
Quote Reply

Prev Next