Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
yeah, I should display the dynamic of my runs being way faster pace than my rowing given my lightweight (143-148 lbs in the last several months), but literally 4 min pace on the Concept2 and 5 min pace on the run have similar RPE! But I can go waaaay longer running. I can also say with the time on the Concept2 during the 4 months of no swimming it literally took me 1 week to go back to swimming 20km per week. No way I would be able to do that off running and biking only.

Ya the B and R don't do much of anything for your upper body. I remember going 5400 m the first day back from AFG after 11 months of no swimming but lots of rowing erg, stretch cords, pushups, etc, without too much difficulty, aside from feeling so tired I could barely stand up in the shower afterwards. But damn, I just love that feeling!!! :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [Eljeffe76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well i ended up needing 365 days, and a monster December effort to get it done, but I finished my 20,000th point this morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [Eljeffe76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations, you are Big Kahuna! I just did the 100 100s swim this morning. And I'm also in the 100 runs in 100 days so I had to get my run in afterwards. I'm ready for the New Year!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And that's a wrap on my 2020 and the Big Kahuna challenge! I didn't really use it for motivation, but I did always enjoy clicking that connect with Strava button after a few bigger training days. Thanks again, and I will definitely opt in again next year! No promises on equalling my score though... if races come back I'll know I won't touch what I did this year (had a lot of big adventure days on the bike)
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am done with last workout for the year as well. Goal was to do 2020 miles, which is way I did - exactly 2020.
With some cycling was able to get the bronze(13k points).

I hope to graduate to proper big kahuna in 2021! Thanks for motivation folks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eljeffe76 wrote:
Well i ended up needing 365 days, and a monster December effort to get it done, but I finished my 20,000th point this morning.

Wow you really poured it on and did it the hard way. Well done. I lost my last week of swimming and there is only so much running I can do, and my tolerance for trainer/rollers more than 3-4x per week for an hour is about it!!!

Ended the year with 920 hrs. Most in 15+ years!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was fun and I ended up with 24,151.93 and a distance of 10,714.48 miles of which just about 3,900 miles were running. Next year surely more mellow, as I had full on paranoia at the end about getting injured.

Because I run so much I also late entered the 100/100and with 90 runs and over 500 miles only Fartleker has more distance as far as I can tell. With an ultra coming up in April I will however switch to more longer runs and a few fewer of them.

:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to share the podium with you! I ended up with over 22,000km of riding (13,200 mi), 2,920km of running (1,800 mi or so) and 373km of swimming.

Not bad given I had a crash in June resulting in a broken shoulder blade which made me stop for a month (it was even benefitial for my overtraining syndrome), pools only open for half the year, then got Covid...

I'm just sorry I couldn't get to 3000km of running. I was getting close but had to stop due to a small pain in a metatarsal on Dec 18th. At least I got to a daily average 1000m of swimming

If my memory serves me right, someone said something about a T-shirt for getting to big Kahuna...
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My year started out trying to get back into 2hr45 marathon shape after a few years out of running. I managed to do a great build and was up to 100miles per week pretty comfortably, while still cycling 10hr/week as well. Once all the races got cancelled I quickly pivoted, quit running, and began attacking my other goal to ride 20,200km with 202,000m of climbing in 2020. I live in the mountains so I managed to finish that pretty comfortably by October. I then took it indoors, started Zwifting and working on power bench marks like finally breaking 400w for 10 minutes and I set a new FTP and watts/kg benchmark of 368w @ 74kg. December was all about just trying to score as many Aerobic Points as possible and I logged nearly 100 hours to just barely get it done. Pools were closed for most the year, so didn’t even both trying to swim. Ended the year with 25,032km and 247,000m of climbing, 32.6km/hr average speed despite riding my TT bike maybe 5 times all year. Since there was no racing I set a 40k tt PR of 51:03, and destroyed most of the local strava TT records on my road bike. I biked on 363 days/366 days. I’ll never touch anything close to all this ever again, so Covid was kinda fun in that regard.

anakinpm wrote:
If my memory serves me right, someone said something about a T-shirt for getting to big Kahuna...
Same! Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna 10: ST Annual Workout Point Challenge [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I ended up in 4th. Pretty darn satisfied with that given the strength of the competition. Don't know any of you personally (although I did sit next to Herbert on a 4hr flight from LAX to Kona in '16) other than following ST posts but I'm guessing I won my AG :)

My 2020 numbers according to Strava:
Swim 582,851 yds
Bike 10,117 miles
Run 1847 miles

Congratulations to all who competed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Looks like I ended up in 4th. Pretty darn satisfied with that given the strength of the competition. Don't know any of you personally (although I did sit next to Herbert on a 4hr flight from LAX to Kona in '16) other than following ST posts but I'm guessing I won my AG :)

My 2020 numbers according to Strava:
Swim 582,851 yds
Bike 10,117 miles
Run 1847 miles

Congratulations to all who competed!

When does the new one start. I am already 20,000 points off the target. Gotta get rolling on this asap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I told my wife I was depressed today because I lost all of last year's hard work :) I took a day off the bike trainer being that it was the end of the challenge and a holiday. But I still had to go out in the icy cold and get another one of my 100 runs in 100 days in. I guess there is no rest for an endurance athlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I told my wife I was depressed today because I lost all of last year's hard work :) I took a day off the bike trainer being that it was the end of the challenge and a holiday. But I still had to go out in the icy cold and get another one of my 100 runs in 100 days in. I guess there is no rest for an endurance athlete.

There is rest for the endurance athlete. It happens when we are dead. When you are on the 3 hrs per day 1000 hrs per year program you have 21 hrs per day to not train. Kind of like Alaskan Huskies in the Iditarod. They recover for the rest of the Iditarod while in motion. That's how they win
Quote Reply

Prev Next