Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vote in my state's primary in March and on Nov. 3. Donate more $ to cycling advocacy organizations and provide more feedback to government agencies re: cycling safety.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Jan 3, 20 6:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well mine is surprisingly (to me) simple: HAVE FUN!

This will be my 20th year of “serious triathlon” as my prime sport. I’m 62 now, with quite a bad knee so there is that. But yet, I’m graced with one more year and I’m thinking my IM this year will be my last. It will also be my 16th, so maybe good enough?

Either way, makes sense to set this as the prime goal and resolution above all else....hope it works! Fun and “performance” wise!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spend more time on running and biking.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always speak positive about friends, family and colleagues whenever they're not around (and give them mayhem whenever they're present)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [AS88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon - Consistency and simplicity. I'm in awe of the pace/power that people lay down but I'm even more in awe of the day in and day out work those same people typically put in and I think that should be my first step. I've always got derailed by injury or loss of motivation due to missing workouts and feeling that I'm under achieving because I'm not doing intervals right or something like that, so this year I want to keep it all simple. Get outside, go for a run. Get on the trainer, ride. Get to the pool, swim. Mostly easy, sometimes hard. Repeat this over and over. If I put in the time I doubt I'll get slower.

Life - Listen more and talk less.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [Abergili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Abergili wrote:
Swim goal is 600,000 yds for the year

Wow. That sounds like a whole lot. Is that like 3 hours per week? Is that typical?

I don't know, I'm new to the sport.

My daughters, high school swimmers, say they did 400,000 yards in practice during the season last year.

They did 100 100s on New Year's eve.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kinda thought that resolutions are something like changes in constant behavior, for example 'drink less than bottle of vodka weekly', not plans like 'AG podium in my A-race'. But I guess you can 'resolve' do do anything you want, so 2020 plans are good as well.

I like having detailed plans for year, it's pretty funny to check them in December and see how different life was 12 months ago.

In 2020 my main sport goal is to make sure I'm improving the whole year without long periods of negative adaptation. It was just last year when I found out I'm capable of putting more intensity/duration than my body can handle for months and months.
I don't think it's an easy goal and I'm building detailed plans on how to reach it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never learned how to skate. My 4 year old is in skating lessons, and I'd like to be able to skate with him (one day). This winter I would like to learn to skate at least a little bit proficiently.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s 12000 a week for 50 weeks. More like 4 hours a week to reach that. I did a 22000 week back in November which was my longest in 2019. It’s not a lot for someone with a swimming background and it just requires consistency.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I never learned how to skate. My 4 year old is in skating lessons, and I'd like to be able to skate with him (one day). This winter I would like to learn to skate at least a little bit proficiently.

I know it's a different kind of skating, but I really should ride my skateboard more. Maybe by the end of the year, I'll re-learn some tricks

I'd also like to learn to ride a unicycle

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My other resolution is the same one I make every year. To be a better husband, father, friend and person than I was last year.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For general life - be as present as possible with my family and not short change the kids or my wife for training time.
For training - make the easy easier and the hard harder and see what I can accomplish on less overall volume than in previous years.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

YES! I love this. Skating is a required sport for my kids. The oldest was a very slow starter last year, but did great yesterday on the "natural ice" (aka bumpy/snowy). He's not joining the NHL anytime soon, but I really don't want him to miss out on friend/social activities because he can't do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be kinder to my body.

During 2019, I felt like 25 years of bike racing had finally caught up with me, and I felt miserable half the time.

Step 1 has been to start a regular yoga practice (was hooked after 2 weeks).
Quote Reply
Re: The New Year resolutions thread [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoJohnnyGo wrote:
Triathlon related = qualify for worlds for 2021 if I don't get a rolldown spot for 2020.

+1... I want to get a slot too - to Utah 70.3 2021 WC

I'm trying to have a focus towards running this year. I focused a lot on cycling improvement last year and feel I am near where I need to be. I'm fine on swimming too. So just running. Luckily there is the 100/100 challenge that is helping me train. I've never used a treadmill so much and it seems to be making a difference.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply

Prev Next