Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISO ZIPP 808 rear hub (11 speed)
Quote | Reply
Hi guys my 808 hub broke...trying to repair it if you have one you want to get rid of. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: ISO ZIPP 808 rear hub (11 speed) [mcregal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcregal wrote:
Hi guys my 808 hub broke...trying to repair it if you have one you want to get rid of. Thanks

Depending which wheel you have, Zipp might do that for you, as they had a recall on some of their hubs.

Hopefully you didn't get hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: ISO ZIPP 808 rear hub (11 speed) [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
mcregal wrote:

Depending which wheel you have, Zipp might do that for you, as they had a recall on some of their hubs.

Hopefully you didn't get hurt.

Those were front hubs. I had that done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your hub isn't covered under warranty I'd suggest finding an local experienced wheel builder and have him lace a different brand hub into that 808. Personally I'd go with something like a DT240S hub as I have a custom road wheelset with those hubs and they've treated me well.
Quote Reply
Re: ISO ZIPP 808 rear hub (11 speed) [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it broke the flanges it will be the 20 spoke model.
Zipp are well aware of the issue but this has not been recalled because of the low failure rate and usually a rear failure will not put you on the bitumen.
Your first point of contact is Zipp, they may very well repair it for you.
They have done so may times in the past with wheels out of warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: ISO ZIPP 808 rear hub (11 speed) [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. Zipp has stopped manufacturing the hub (2012 version) and won’t cover so I’m pretty much SOL. I contacted wheelbuilder in SoCal and it’s a little steep to repair. Just looking for other alternatives.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you find the 9/10 speed (2009ish) version of the zipp 188 rear hub at the right price, you could also do the repair with that hub too, it is super easy to run that as an 11 speed hub via:
https://darkspeedworks.com/blog-11speed.htm

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply