Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
you know what to do

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I have goals for last week? I can’t remember. I ran several times and am back on track for 50/100 runs in the challenge.

This week is moving week! Goals are to stay on track with the runs and to do my first parkrun on NYD.

Hope all the women manage to see out 2019 in style (I am aiming for a 9pm bedtime lol) and have a good start to 2020!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm an early-to-bed creature, too.

s: 3x, 3775 yds
b: 0
r: 7x, 45 mi

highlight of the week was a day trip to Boston to visit the finish line :-)

goal this week is to keep doing healthy stuff! Had a pretty good week last week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck, Scheherazade!

I didn't have official goals last week except to train a bunch, enjoy Christmas, and relax and recharge. I took Christmas Day off but did run or ride the trainer every other day, lifted a bunch of weights, did my PT, and even threw in some yoga, too. Woo hoo! I also got into some holiday shenanigans like eating my weight in pumpkin bread, hanging out with family, etc. I'm doing a fun 5K tomorrow afternoon to send off 2019 but don't have any big plans for ringing in 2020.

I hope you all are well and just taking a break from here and everywhere. =)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year Womens and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

I am all moved into my new place in the PNW, I changed my handle, I unpacked my boxes, I started my job, I had a nice holiday, and I got back to sports!

Last week I rode my bike outside three time, ran five times, and swam three times. I will never be a treadmill runner despite the dark, damp, cold, and wet. I'll get my trainer set up next week and have been enjoying just riding dirt and exploring around the city.

This week it's more of the same, running swimming, biking, yoga, p/rehab, exploring ... I don't feel like I've lost a ton of fitness, just some sharpness, so when I get back to regular training I don't expect the shock to my system to be terrible I may just be a little rusty 😂 I'm hinking I'll sign up for a half marathon in February/March to get me motivated since triathlon season starts later up here.

Wishing you all a beautiful, safe, and healthy holiday and all the best in 2020 and always. Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Monday and Happy New Year, ladies! I hope 2020 gives you the best year you can hope for. I, for one, am fully ready to set my 2019 calendar on fire and douse it in rat urine. By now I'd have some concrete goals in mind for the upcoming year, but honestly they all boil down to not having to hold on my the whites of my fingernails to any semblance of normalcy, I just want to feel some joy and health in everything I do.

Last week's goal was a thing, again. This week's goal is recovery week (again, already?!). I am grateful for it, since holiday hangover, even with zero family in town, is a real thing.

M- 5mi run and conditioning
Tu- mile swim and 35min run
W- REST DAY. I fully plan to indulge the heck out of Tuesday night because it's Dry January for me
Th- FTP test on the bike. This is going to suck.
F- 1900yd swim, 43min run and conditioning
Sa- 1hr bike ride
Su- YOGA!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can be dry January buddies again, right?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 30 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
We can be dry January buddies again, right?
Of course! <3

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone

Argh, sorry I'm late again. I had a fun week, but a rough one for fitness. I wasn't as active as I anticipated with family over the holiday, then we had car trouble getting back, which interfered with my schedule. Then, when I finally got home, I got a monster migraine that put me mostly horizontal for three days. Since then I've been working out a little, but minor things keep interfering. I think I'm back to a relatively normal routine, though, so that's good.

This week is a bit of a wash, but I did half my swim yesterday. Today I did my run and I will do strength. Tomorrow is another swim, and I might hop on the bike for an extra workout since I missed so much. Friday is rest, Saturday is the first in a series of Saturday 10k's during January run by the local running club, and Sunday is a long trainer ride + run.

Happy New Year everyone! I had no fun yesterday. I just wanted to get back to my normal routine after so much disruption. For me, that involves getting some work done, eating well, and bed before 10. I am not cool.

Sheherezade, good luck with the move!
TC-ooooo Boston finish line! What a magical place!
Midtown, enjoy the break!
TDS-sounds like so much fun, exploring your new beautiful area on a bike!
Cupcake-Many good wishes for the end of your dumpster fire of a year and the beginning of a new one!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply