Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt ar disc spotted in the wild?
Quote | Reply
Rally team members sporting a new Aero disc bike from felt
And since adding photos on this forum requires a late 90s internet technology, go see Paulshaunthomas story on instagram before it expires.
Last edited by: peace242000: Dec 29, 19 20:12
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wonder why they would choose to go non integrated and go away from the market.. seems like an odd choice for their “halo” road bike
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
wonder why they would choose to go non integrated and go away from the market.. seems like an odd choice for their “halo” road bike
We were promised we'd get an updated AR back in 2017. Looks like it'll be three years late.

I don't know who is running the show there now so I can't speak to their competence or ability to innovate. I was way downstream of that part of the business. But I can tell you that Felt Bicycles once had some of the most forward thinking minds in the bike industry working for them and directing product. Sadly, most of that crew is gone.

I might be just waxing nostalgic, but the Felt Bicycles I admired seemed to diminish after Rossignol took over.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have previously owned the AR. It basically looks like the same bike to me with discs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cant find the pics. Any other links?

I have only seen the artist rendition which appears to have integrated stem, separate bars as per trends.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
I cant find the pics. Any other links?

I have only seen the artist rendition which appears to have integrated stem, separate bars as per trends.

I've been riding with a few of the Rally riders the last few weeks and it looks like it can be routed either way, kind of the way the original Venge was set up.

The bike is similar looking, but definitely a completely new mold. It is not the old AR with discs slapped on it. It's a good looking bike, and my guess is that they're using the simplified routing on it to make life easier on the riders and mechanics.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it looks like this, i am likely sold.

Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm trying to sell mine to purchase a new one! I've been patiently waiting!

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple in my garage, of which I can't of course share. But I can assure you the airfoils are remarkably different than the previous model.

http://www.josh-amberger.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [hey_burgs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tease
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [hey_burgs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey_burgs wrote:
I have a couple in my garage, of which I can't of course share. But I can assure you the airfoils are remarkably different than the previous model.

Is the schematic shown in this thread accurate for the silhouette? One wink no, 2 winks yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Canyon Aerohead makes a stealth debut in the new Zwift add on YouTube. It is the add that I get when I click on the GCN videos.

It looks like all the other disc aero bikes. Imaging that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [robius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it appear to anyone else that the AR Disc may have a "steering lock" (fork / frame interface) similar to the Cannondale System Six ?

Furthermore I will be really interested to see how the stack height compares to the current AR. To my eye it appears that the integrated steerer tube cap may have a downside of a higher "effective" steerer tube height.

Very keen to pull the trigger on the Di2 FRD version however would love to get these two questions clarified.

Last edited by: DownSouth: Jan 5, 20 22:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found this little snippet on the www.
Last edited by: Ctolllin: Jan 15, 20 2:26
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [Ctolllin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
updated on felts website this morning: https://feltbicycles.com/...ced-ultegra-di2-2020
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yikes, the handlebar integration looks rather clunky. I don't think i'd give up my rim brake AR for something like that.

As much as I hold negative views toward Trek, the design it put into the 2016 Madone rim brake model was quite clever.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geometry? I can’t find it anywhere...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ar disc spotted in the wild? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Geometry? I can’t find it anywhere...

Looks like they caught a bad case of pre-launch syndrome....They took everything down for now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More details: https://cyclingtips.com/...-ar-disc-aero-racer/

Not sure why they dont run the cable coming out the back of the bars into the side of the stem like they do with the ia.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Jan 23, 20 15:50
Quote Reply