Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [Slowlocomotion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowlocomotion wrote:
I love the feel of the next% my legs don’t feel as trashed after a long run. Are some people using them as trainers or mainly saving them for races? At $250 I could get two trainers like hoka rincon or a host of other max cushion trainers but I’d rather only run on next%. How long do the next last before losing that cushioning?

I train with Rincon and race with 4%. I think it depends on your weight. I’m pretty light so bottom soles still look like new after one year.
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If 160 is heavy I’m 20 lbs heavier than that. I’ve heard good things about the rincons. I tried the speed goats but it gave me weird blisters. I tried another hoka and it gave me the same blister.
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [rucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rucker wrote:
Form factor is similar, feel is not. The Nike line shakes out like this:

1) Zoom Fly 3 - Lightweight trainer or a racer for those who can't afford the Next% or don't think it's worth it. Carbon plate and similar shape (rocker etc) to Next%, but lacks the special foam. Can feel clunky and firm. Good trainer for lighter runners.

2) Pegasus Turbo - Top level trainer, or racer for those who can't afford the Next% or don't think it's worth it. No carbon plate, but has the special foam. Feels very soft, can feel awkward at paces below 10k pace in my experience. Great trainer. I have noticed "heavier" runners prefer this for training (160-170# or heavier), probably because it's more forgiving.

3) Next% - Top level racer (if you can afford them, some people are training in these, which blows my mind but to each their own). Has the plate, the special foam, and is obviously the fastest feel.

TL, DR: you can have the plate, or the foam, or both. Choose what fits your needs the best! I usually have a run-heavy program and run a bit on the heavier side for runners at 165#, and I use the Turbo. I've used the Zoom Fly, some days it feels great (when I have fresh legs!) but if I'm tired not so much. I personally think that the Turbo is like a Hoka on steroids, I can do long efforts at 10k-MP without feeling beat up. The upper on the Turbo leaves something to be desired, I prefer the upper on the Zoom Fly.

My local Nike factory outlet had the Zoom Fly on sale for CAD$112 + HST = $127 CDN, so I ended up picking up a pair this afternoon. I did a 1.5 km jog around the block after returning home, but my legs were pretty tired from the training over the day today, so I can only report that they felt different. When I go for a proper run, I will reply back Its not the Next%, but at that price it seems to be worth the experiment based on this thread.

As an FYI, I got a women's size 11, which is a men's 10, or a Euro size 43. The guy in the store said its identical to the men's shoe other than color. Is this true or is the women's last wider?
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
rucker wrote:

1) Zoom Fly 3 - Lightweight trainer or a racer for those who can't afford the Next% or don't think it's worth it. Carbon plate and similar shape (rocker etc) to Next%, but lacks the special foam. Can feel clunky and firm. Good trainer for lighter runners.

2) Pegasus Turbo - Top level trainer, or racer for those who can't afford the Next% or don't think it's worth it. No carbon plate, but has the special foam. Feels very soft, can feel awkward at paces below 10k pace in my experience. Great trainer. I have noticed "heavier" runners prefer this for training (160-170# or heavier), probably because it's more forgiving.

3) Next% - Top level racer (if you can afford them, some people are training in these, which blows my mind but to each their own). Has the plate, the special foam, and is obviously the fastest feel.

TL, DR: you can have the plate, or the foam, or both. Choose what fits your needs the best! I usually have a run-heavy program and run a bit on the heavier side for runners at 165#, and I use the Turbo. I've used the Zoom Fly, some days it feels great (when I have fresh legs!) but if I'm tired not so much. I personally think that the Turbo is like a Hoka on steroids, I can do long efforts at 10k-MP without feeling beat up. The upper on the Turbo leaves something to be desired, I prefer the upper on the Zoom Fly.

My local Nike factory outlet had the Zoom Fly on sale for CAD$112 + HST = $127 CDN, so I ended up picking up a pair this afternoon. I did a 1.5 km jog around the block after returning home, but my legs were pretty tired from the training over the day today, so I can only report that they felt different. When I go for a proper run, I will reply back Its not the Next%, but at that price it seems to be worth the experiment based on this thread.

As an FYI, I got a women's size 11, which is a men's 10, or a Euro size 43. The guy in the store said its identical to the men's shoe other than color. Is this true or is the women's last wider?

Just did this with the turbo 2. Women’s was 40 bucks cheaper plus better color.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also I meant to say, "is the men's last wider than women's".
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
rucker wrote:

Running Warehouse lists the women's Zoom Fly 3 as being a B width, so narrower than the men's shoe (which is D width).

Also, for anyone looking to pick a pair up, keep your eye out for huge sales in Nike Outlets or Nike stores in general. I paid $160 for the OG Zoom Fly (full price), ended up hating the lack of durability in the original model and telling myself I wouldn't buy another pair even though I liked the feel...then walked into a Nike shop and found a whole mess of Zoom Fly SP for $45/pair. So if you're hesitant about getting a pair now just to try because of the price, give it a few months, for whatever reason Nike is constantly discounting them like crazy.

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [rucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rucker wrote:
So if you're hesitant about getting a pair now just to try because of the price, give it a few months, for whatever reason Nike is constantly discounting them like crazy.

Yeahhh that's where I stand. I have a 26.2 on 3/15 and could probably wait a little longer.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFJAN15 is 15% off code now on Next% at Eastbay.com

I put a bid on StockX for Pink.... I like Volt more but not $50 more.

Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [Slowlocomotion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a 30% discount on my Next% so I don’t feel too guilty running them everyday. Strava says I’m at 250 miles and they feel just as good as the day I got them. Soles don’t look beat up at all. And for reference, I’m 5’10” and about 160 so out me in the fat ass group with the other people.
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$212.50 is a really good deal on Eastbay! On an unrelated note, anyone want to buy a pair of lightly used Hoka Carbon X?!

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never mind. Forget these shoes, they are legalized cheating and should be banned. If you wear them you should be ashamed.

(AKA the biggest size is a 13, not the 15 that I wear 😥)

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:

(AKA the biggest size is a 13, not the 15 that I wear 😥)

StockX has size 15 in stock right now in Pink....

https://stockx.com/...x-vaporfly-next-pink

Last edited by: plant_based: Jan 2, 20 10:42
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm , let me see if you are offering intelligent, heartfelt advice.

Nope!

BTW, your feet are hideous, you should be ashamed.

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll put you I the "I think I'm a fat ass, but am clueless if I think 160 is heavy" group :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot...that is a dilemma if I’ve ever heard one. Can I stomach the color in order to go faster?

Maybe just train more, eat less and wear normal shoes 😂

Thank you for finding that - I appreciate it.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A New color/version has been released.

https://www.nike.com/...-running-shoe-xFwzvH
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2Owings wrote:
A New color/version has been released.

https://www.nike.com/...-running-shoe-xFwzvH

Well that's not much better!
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it! But then again, I purposely bought my NEXT%s in pink because I figure if I am going to go all-in on the stupid expensive shoe thing, I might as well go all-in on the color.
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
I got a 30% discount on my Next% so I don’t feel too guilty running them everyday. Strava says I’m at 250 miles and they feel just as good as the day I got them. Soles don’t look beat up at all. And for reference, I’m 5’10” and about 160 so out me in the fat ass group with the other people.

Add 40 pounds and put me in that group. "Ultra Fat Ass"??
Last edited by: johnnybefit: Jan 2, 20 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m about the same height and weight. I’ve run my training and marathon in September in the next%. The sole is super and I continue to run in them for every session. I’ve probably run 5-6 months and 3-400miles and still seem fine. I’ll likely get another pair and just do the same. I think the next% is more resilient than the 4%.
Quote Reply
Re: I suck at running but the Nike Next% are the best shoes ever [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loads better than the pink - but no 15.

I feel so incredibly stupid that I am annoyed that Nike won’t let me spend $250 on a pair of shoes...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next