Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Opinion: 2012 Blue AC1 Carbon Aero Bike
Quote | Reply
Hello all, first post.

I have been riding around an old Bridgestone while I get into the sport. I come from an athletic background, but have only gotten into Triathlon the past year. I've decided to step up my bike game a tiny bit. I have been looking around for used bikes in my area and have test ridden a few. I've decided that I want to buy an aero road bike as opposed to tri bike simply due to the versatility factor. I plan on buying aero bars to train and race with. Besides that, I'm not sure what else to be looking for when buying a bike in the 1,000-1,500 range. I'm around a 53 cm and plan to get a pro fitting once I make a purchase.

I checked out this bike today (see below). There is not much information online regarding Blue Competitive Cycles. Is this a good find?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/...dura/7039438373.html
Last edited by: kenykj49: Dec 20, 19 17:01
Quote Reply
Re: Opinion: 2012 Blue AC1 Carbon Aero Bike [kenykj49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likely worth more like half of the asking price. $1450 is a lot for a 10 speed bike with aluminum wheels from a 3rd tier brand.
Not saying it is a bad bike- Might be quite a decent bike.
Just doesn't have a lot of value.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinion: 2012 Blue AC1 Carbon Aero Bike [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Likely worth more like half of the asking price. $1450 is a lot for a 10 speed bike with aluminum wheels from a 3rd tier brand.
Not saying it is a bad bike- Might be quite a decent bike.
Just doesn't have a lot of value.

This^^^^

You could get a new one with 11spd sram for the same $$$$.
https://rover.ebay.com/...2Fitm%2F372480511265

I paid <$1800 for a used, one year old BMC roadie with Ultegra Di2 that retailed for $4500. Racing bikes lose value quick.

Regarding fit. Get fitted first, then use that to get the right bike. Nothing’s worse than getting a fit and being told the bike you just bought is too large/small.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Dec 20, 19 23:11
Quote Reply
Re: Opinion: 2012 Blue AC1 Carbon Aero Bike [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To add what is said above.....
Although it’s dura ace, unfortunately it’s old, I don’t know when they moved the cables under the bartape, maybe around 2010??
Other than that maybe think about getting a bike with Di2, if you wanna add shifters for the extensions that could be a useful upgrade.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Opinion: 2012 Blue AC1 Carbon Aero Bike [kenykj49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the others- the Blue is a nice bike but way overpriced for that bike, age, older components, etc. You are getting close to a new allez sprint at that price. Also- keep tabs on the Canyon bikes outlet page- they have some good deals on there.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinion: 2012 Blue AC1 Carbon Aero Bike [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
To add what is said above.....
Although it’s dura ace, unfortunately it’s old, I don’t know when they moved the cables under the bartape, maybe around 2010??
Other than that maybe think about getting a bike with Di2, if you wanna add shifters for the extensions that could be a useful upgrade.

Yeah, it'll be circa 2010
I have the SL version which is lighter and stiffer. If I sold it I don't think I'd get near $1k.
It's way over priced. Worth half the amount they're asking.
Quote Reply