Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [andy tetmeyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Andy - Thank you for letting us know, it's not an internet rumor. But so what, other companies license technology from other companies all the time.

Look at the draft box on the trek speed concept, now it's on the QR PR6 and Felt IA.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here's a test with just the results you are looking for:

https://www.huntbikewheels.com/...-wind-tunnel-results

The Roval CLX64 is a bit faster than the Enve 7.8 SES and the Zipp 808 NSW.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting that the Hunt testing put a 23mm on the Enve 7.8 wheel even though Enve states on their website that the Aero Optimized Tire Size is 25mm.

Question everything generally thought to be obvious
D. Rams
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [roadguy67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roadguy67 wrote:
Interesting that the Hunt testing put a 23mm on the Enve 7.8 wheel even though Enve states on their website that the Aero Optimized Tire Size is 25mm.

D. Rams

What a company says and how it performs in the real world are two different things. Easily to make a wheel and market it for the masses, large tires = better but still have an aerodynamic advantage with a small tire. Not sure if I commented somewhere in this specific thread but my own testing in the tunnel showed that the 23s were still faster aerodynamically speaking.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
roadguy67 wrote:

D. Rams

What a company says and how it performs in the real world are two different things. Easily to make a wheel and market it for the masses, large tires = better but still have an aerodynamic advantage with a small tire. Not sure if I commented somewhere in this specific thread but my own testing in the tunnel showed that the 23s were still faster aerodynamically speaking.

I have tested 23 gp5000 vs 25 gp5000 on an Enve and the 23 was faster in my testing too. If the 25 rolls a watt or two better, I’m doubtful it matters at all between the two. I don’t race that wheel anymore, but if I did I’d probably do 25s just because the TL doesn’t come in 23.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info Eric and thank you for sharing!
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels choice Roval CLX64/ENVE 7.8? [roadguy67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ENVE 7.8 for the made in the USA WIN!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next