Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Question
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I am having a small problem with Zwift.
----

I am running zwift on my desktop computer. It's extremely fast and relatively new and it runs other games just fine but doesn't have bluetooth. I did buy an ant+ dongle for it to connect to my H3 trainer. For the first few rides, everything was fine but now it drops signal for up to 15 seconds throughout my rides. I just tried it on my ipad and it didn't drop once. Is there a bluetooth dongle that will connect to my H3 or am I out of luck? The ipad works, but I like a big screen so I can see my numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [nbpi5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BlueGiga USB dongle. About $30.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It can sometimes help if the ANT dongle is as close as possible to the trainer. They have USB extension cords so that you can place the dongle right beside the trainer.
Last edited by: kerikstri: Dec 18, 19 17:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the only day i had multiple ant+ dropouts was the day i had my laptop in a different position than usual.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
BlueGiga USB dongle. About $30.

Can be found for about $11: BLED112 transceiver
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the BlueGiga USB dongle installed, and it's working fine to connect my bluetooth powermeter to TrainerRoad, but I cannot get Zwift to recognise that bluetooth is available - any ideas? I've tried uninstalling the TR drivers and letting win10 locate appropriate drivers for it, no dice. I've also set the windows bluetooth services to automatic from the default 'manual', no change.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [rubhadubh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you are on the Zwift pairing screen, make sure that the bluetooth icon on the upper left is active. Once you have confirmed that, click the settings icon on the top right of the pairing window. It will allow you to pair via Companion App or directly with the PC. I'm betting that it's defaulted to the Companion App (even if the Companion App is not running). Select PC. Hopefully that solves your issue.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah good answer! But no, the Bluetooth icon top left has an exclamation point and Win10 says it does not have BT capability, despite it clearly being available to TrainerRoad. I wonder if TrainerRoad ties the adapter in exclusively even if it’s not running - I could try uninstalling it I suppose?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of cheap BT dongles out there on ebay/amazon. The H3 broadcasts both BT and Ant+.

If you use the zwift companion app, then your pc doesn’t need to have BT. You just use the phone’s BT, and they both communicate via internet.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to write a warning sign on the microwave saying "Do not use while I'm Zwifting !! Danger !!!".
If someone in the house uses the microwave, there's a good chance I'll experience a lag and "lose" ANT+ connection on my PC.

Louis :)
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [Masnart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Masnart wrote:
Do everything in here:

https://zwiftinsider.com/...t-dropouts-in-zwift/

Yes. Use this document. I had problems for more than a year. This document fixed everything. Especially look at the section on USB. USB settings was the problem that I faced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rubhadubh wrote:
Ah good answer! But no, the Bluetooth icon top left has an exclamation point and Win10 says it does not have BT capability, despite it clearly being available to TrainerRoad. I wonder if TrainerRoad ties the adapter in exclusively even if it’s not running - I could try uninstalling it I suppose?

Are you able to click on the bluetooth icon with the exclamation point and turn it on from there? I think I had to click the bluetooth icon on the pairing screen then Zwift asked me to confirm that I wanted to turn on bluetooth but now I can't turn it off by clicking that same icon in Zwift.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really thought changing to using a USB3 port was going to fix it, but alas, no!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Question [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, clicking on it, has no effect. Clicking the settings cog top right, would allow to swap between built-in bluetooth and via the companion app. Unfortunately, I can't got that route easily either as the wifi network is spotty for my phone. Man, this is proving difficult... new dongle on its way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rubhadubh wrote:
I really thought changing to using a USB3 port was going to fix it, but alas, no!

Find the USB port in device manage, go to properties and check the power settings. That is where the fix should be made.
Quote Reply