Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GUIDE to, and HELP with, the Secondary Market
Quote | Reply
This is a *curated* thread, which means we monitor it (like official fit assistance with Cervelo and Canyon, and assistance with Road Tubeless.) We'll offer general guidance (updating this first post from time to time); and we'll answer questions.

DIRECT SELLING/BUYING

Slowtwitch Classifieds Forum
eBay & Craigslist:
Bicycle Blue Book:

BROKERED SELLING/BUYING

The Pro's Closet: If you don't want the hassle of selling it yourself, not getting paid, having the buyer return it, or conversely the risks associated with being the buyer; and/or you want an expert set of eyes on a used product before you buy it; this is the benefit of The Pro's Closet. This company is now also an institutional option for certain brands, as in, you go to your LBS, trade in your bike or wheels pursuant to a new product. We'll update you here on the list of companies that participate in this.

Trek and BBB: Trek has a system involving Bicycle Blue Book and its local retailers facilitating trade-ins pursuant to a new Trek purchase. More details on this as we find out.

Your Local Bike Shop: Some shops, PlayTri one example, have been taking trade-ins, and trafficking in the used market, for years. We'll endeavor to maintain a list here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: GUIDE to, and HELP with, the Secondary Market [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#1 rule for not getting burned: If it's too good to be true: it's not true.

I compiled some of them my best tips for buying and selling used in a blog post awhile ago, and I'd be happy to copy paste some of these tips on this thread if that's the idea behind this thread. If not, I'll just contribute as questions come up!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan!

This is great! We are happy to serve as a resource in whatever capacity you see fit here as well.

Thanks!

Neil
http://www.2ndTri.com
@Race2ndTri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Getting ready to sell my full Hypoxico set up...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try to post a bike I want to sell in Classified, but I get a red message that reads: "You are not allowed to post in this forum."

Can someone tell me how I can sell a bike here?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: GUIDE to, and HELP with, the Secondary Market [drjimtaylor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drjimtaylor wrote:
I try to post a bike I want to sell in Classified, but I get a red message that reads: "You are not allowed to post in this forum."

Can someone tell me how I can sell a bike here?

Thanks!

There is a sticky thread here. it's entitled: "Help! I can't post a new thread to this forum!" It's probably second from the top. That will help.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply