Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Video Games [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone play Ghost Recon, GTA or Call of Duty? I need people for coop modes and heists on PS4.
Quote Reply
Re: Video Games [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feighathlon wrote:
Easy. Just set up the trainer to ride while playing. I racked up a ton of aerobic miles a few years back while killing zombies. The tt position is perfect for also holding a controller. (Not pink)

Could pretty much get nearly to threshold on erg mode before having to focus more on the effort, but only on more mindless games. You would get active family time + training in at the same time.

^* This. COD Domination was my jam!
Quote Reply
Re: Video Games [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
For me, the addiction was RPG games with leveling up and gear upgrades, especially online RPGs. I was in guilds/clans and typically the leader.

The good news is you can do this on Zwift. Use your addiction to turn yourself into a bike monster chasing drops for new wheels and frames, and level up bonuses. Try for the Tron bike. Get yourself into a race team as a substitute for your guilds/clans. Become a group ride leader, or super sweep.

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In college, myself and other members on the tri club would play Madden or NBA and based on how you play during the game, you would get intervals. For example, every time someone scored a TD against you would have to do 5min at threshold or if you threw a pick six, it was like 10 minutes. It made it fun and passed the time. I actually went from averaging 22mph to 24mph for most olympic tris that winter too!
Quote Reply
Re: Video Games [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[Be careful, they're making a lot of non-children ones these days, watch for ratings. Your kid might want to play a game about a girl, and occasionally get something like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TR0gaG01do[/quote]
Jesus! I'm going to have nightmares tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the game is pretty mindless, it's not too hard to play while riding at an easy intensity on the trainer. The experience was even better in the aerobars (good for getting miles in the aero position). Action sports games, racing, and easy platformers were good for this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't do it. There are much better, less mindless ways to bond with your kid. Gaming consoles are a slippery slope to a sedentary lifestyle. They are designed to be as addictive as possible. Get a trampoline or something for the backyard. Money much better spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worst gift ever given (by my sister) to my kids.

It's addictive as hell. Creates subcultures and online tribes. It takes away from real life and reality.

Why not post this topic in Lavender Room?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Video Games [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, tranfer please mods.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next