Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

weight rate and performance
Quote | Reply
Hello. These days I have been thinking on stopping running strenght training and technique and focus in losing some pounds. I am 1.86m and 85kg (no idea in feet and pounds) but this is a rate of 0.46= (85/186). I want to avoid injuries and I feel heavy in the run sessions...so, i am aiming to lose 3kgs.
Pros are around 0.35-0.40 in ITU, a bit more for IM....well, you can find exceptions like K.Blummenfeldt (0.44)...
Its hard for me to lose weight as I gain it in the pool... any advice???
I just train for fun and health....and i am not very into sacrifices on diet :P
Thanks.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: weight rate and performance [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm the same ratio as you (89 and 193) and I'm also working on losing some weight now that I'm the the offseason. By just by grabbing my midsection, I can see there is a non-trivial amount of dead weight I'm carrying around. I believe I have around 5kg of fat that I could easily lose before I have to start worrying about muscle, and even then I'll still probably have a bit of extra fat I could lose. The problem is that at this weight I have noticed I really have to track my calories in and out to make sure I don't overeat and also so I don't undereat. If you're not willing to make that sacrifice, it might be hard for you to lose anymore weight.
Quote Reply
Re: weight rate and performance [matate99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matate99 wrote:
I'm the same ratio as you (89 and 193) and I'm also working on losing some weight now that I'm the the offseason. By just by grabbing my midsection, I can see there is a non-trivial amount of dead weight I'm carrying around. I believe I have around 5kg of fat that I could easily lose before I have to start worrying about muscle, and even then I'll still probably have a bit of extra fat I could lose. The problem is that at this weight I have noticed I really have to track my calories in and out to make sure I don't overeat and also so I don't undereat. If you're not willing to make that sacrifice, it might be hard for you to lose anymore weight.

I think i will give a try on caring my feeding. I eat too much carbohydrates and should go on more fruit and veg... not a special diet, just avoiding junk food and bread, etc
i would be glad with 3 kgs less... I will also run in lower paces but longer sessions for one month to see how it goes.
Thank you.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
any advice???
Thanks.

Reduce Calories you are taking in and/or increase the amount you burn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
matate99 wrote:

I think i will give a try on caring my feeding. I eat too much carbohydrates and should go on more fruit and veg... not a special diet, just avoiding junk food and bread, etc
i would be glad with 3 kgs less... I will also run in lower paces but longer sessions for one month to see how it goes.
Thank you.

Get a DEXA/DXA scan if you want to figure out how much excess body fat you need to lose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weight is always a tough issue. You don't want to try and lose a ton of weight while training as it can lead to injuries. If you are not training all that much than you can work on what goes into your body. You have a better ratio than myself. I am 5'10/5'11 and 190lbs. I am by no means super fast but can move a little bit. 253 marathon, 430 HIM 930 IM. More weight can definitely make running harder but I think we all have our own weights that work for us. I stopped trying to get 160-165lbs as I know it wouldn't be possible without some extreme measures. Ive had 4-5 dietitians and all have said there's nothing you can do as this is your body type and you are eating as clean as ever. My advice is if you can lose a little bit of weight than go for it, but don't make it priority. Would you rather hit a time you're training for or just look the part and lose the weight. Training is what makes you faster, if that is what the goal it. Just my 2 cents.. I am no expert by any means LOL.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply