Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Google Masters world record swim attempt
Quote | Reply
There's a Guinness record attempt underway at the Google Masters World Record Swim event in Mountain View, CA. You may recognize at least one of the swimmers from these forums. If you're local, you can still sign up for some of the volunteer spots (mainly as on-call backup.) The evens supports USMS Swimming Saves Lives and Challenged Athletes Foundation, so if you cannot make the event, you can still donate.
Good luck to Rob & co!
Oh, and there's a live-stream :)
Quote Reply
Re: Google Masters world record swim attempt [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I understand correctly... The record is 470 miles in 10 days?

So that's an average pace of 1:43 / 100y or 1:52 / 100m.

It would be nice if there were an explanation of theblagistics somewhere. How does this work? I see that they have two swimmers in the water now, and the schedule always seems to have two swimmers. Why?

I also see that Rob and sven alternate back and forth between swimmer 1 and 2 with no intervening gaps. On paper that looks weird, but I assume there's a reason.

Can someone with experience with this record elaborate on how this works?
Quote Reply
Re: Google Masters world record swim attempt [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
If I understand correctly... The record is 470 miles in 10 days?

So that's an average pace of 1:43 / 100y or 1:52 / 100m.

It would be nice if there were an explanation of theblagistics somewhere. How does this work? I see that they have two swimmers in the water now, and the schedule always seems to have two swimmers. Why?

I also see that Rob and sven alternate back and forth between swimmer 1 and 2 with no intervening gaps. On paper that looks weird, but I assume there's a reason.

Can someone with experience with this record elaborate on how this works?

Yes, so Sven and I pretty much stuck to the schedule of 75 min (Rob), 75 min (Sven), then 60, 60, 45, 45, 30, 30 then the next two swimmers start their 7 hour shift.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply