Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scott Plasma 2 - seat post help
Quote | Reply
Hi there, this is my first post, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am in the middle of trying to find an answer / solution myself, but I'm also reaching out to the knowledgeable people on this forum.

I'm looking at getting a 2nd-hand TT bike from a friend - a Scott Plasma 2. He is a little shorter than me so I took the bike into an LBS and had an initial TT fit and got told that the size was okay, but had to get the seat height up a bit.

It appears the frame's seat post has been cut down & the current set up is using a Ritchey seat post clamp. The LBS was hoping that I could find something of the same, but a longer version. I have attached an image of the current one.

The LBS found an option but wasn't sure if it was the same as the one I already had, or if it would indeed be a longer one.

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/...g-seat-clamp-p201233

I think based on the image, the one I have is already the 'long' version?

Does anybody know if there's a longer / extended version available, possibly from another brand? I'll contact Scott / Ritchey directly to see what they say.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by: scoobydoo_nz: Dec 17, 19 15:20
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 2 - seat post help [scoobydoo_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your best bet is to contact Scott directly. 1-801-394-0865

IIRC (and don't quote me on it), I believe the seat post for the Plasma 3 is the same as that of Plasma 2, difference being that yours uses a seat mast topper, while the one for Plasma 3 is an actual seat post.

Your link also doesn't work (suspected virus containing link)
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 2 - seat post help [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply

Here's an extended pic of the seat post. As you can see it's integrated into the frame so it's not something that I can just replace with another seat post.

I will contact Scott though and see if they have any good ideas. Otherwise I think I'm out of luck, as from what I can find out.. that Ritchey seat post mast is the longest they make.

Quote Reply