Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info)
Quote | Reply
a lot of you folks are getting pestered by me about Endurance Exchange (E2). this is coming up in about 5 weeks, in Tempe, AZ, jan 23rd thru 25th. we have pretty much sold out of rooms at the host hotel (tempe mission palms). we're looking now at about double the registration total that we predicted. so, now we're in triage as regards rooms. this thread is designed for multiple purposes.

mind, the host hotel is sold out on the 24th. not on the other days. so if you were to breeze in early, for one of the pre-conference clinics (slowtwitch coaching clinic teaching how to coach adult onset swimmers, or one of USAT's coaching or RD clinics, and leave on the 24th, you'd still find availability at the host hotel (change the dates in the text boxes).

1. if you have a room at TMP, and it's a room with 2 beds, and you want to split the cost of your room, post here. if you're looking for a roomshare, this thread will act as the clearinghouse.

2. here is a link that will show you available hotels for our dates. you may change the dates and see what populates. this link will also show how far each hotel is from the host hotel. is this better than similar functionality in hotels.com, expedia, and the like? probably not. but there it is.

3. what's really easy about tempe (in particular) is the light rail runs right through it. whenever i do a site visit for this conference i do not rent a car, or use rideshare. you certainly can. it's cheap and easy. but it's also easy to get off the plane, get onto the air train at the airport, and change to light rail immediately after leaving the airport. a train then takes you right to tempe. i checked and you can board the train with a bike, and with a bike box. point being, i could imagine, each day, taking the rail (there's a train every 20min or 30min) a couple of stops on the rail line to and from the event. there are some pretty inexpensive hotels/motels on the train line. Super 8 Wyndham Tempe is one, and across the street from that one is Holiday Inn Express in Tempe. those are priced at $94 and $176 a night respectively.

4. today's major sports stadiums are, like aircraft carriers, can almost function as small cities. they have big meeting rooms, lots of smaller rooms, bars, restaurants, theaters. Sun Devil Stadium is where E2 is going to take place. another thing big stadiums have that hotels don't have is... parking lots! therefore, if you do choose to rent a car, i can't anticipate a parking problem.

beyond all this, i'll be monitoring this thread, helping out when/where i can, please either post here, or private message me, or email me. i'll edit this original post if/when it becomes appropriate.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 18, 19 10:18
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be up for splitting a hotel room with someone.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
**Must like Diet Pepsi.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info) [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
**Must like Diet Pepsi.
And Baby Ruth candy bars.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Brian I need a room - if you have one I will split it with you. Danke

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info) [STConcierge & Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STConcierge wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
**Must like Diet Pepsi.
And Baby Ruth candy bars.

Diet??? Who the F drinks diet soda? That's just carcinogenic caffeinated water. Payday's Karen. Baby Ruth's are so last century!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Exchange Roomshare (and hotel info) [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Graham,

I'll PM you. I'm more of a Marriott person. There is a Courtyard, Residence Inn & an AC by Marriott all >5 min walk of the host hotel.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply