Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve tubeless
Quote | Reply
Just trying to put my new wheels together. Got ENVE 5.6 SES rims and trying to pull on conti 5000 tubeless tires was a bear of a task. Is there a difference with other tires like schwalbe and Hutchinson when it comes to enve wheels with regards to ease of assembly?
Quote Reply
Re: Enve tubeless [GZMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't think GP5000TL were tough at all.. v1 schwalbe pro-one where a bit hard.. even harder to take off.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve tubeless [GZMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While tire / rim TL Combos will give you varied mounting experiences, it also all depends on the mounting techniques.

I have owned different enve, mavic, and bontrager rims through the years and what really always works for me is putting the tires in regular alum clincher rims first and inflating them to around 100 or 110 psi. I install them with inner tubes first and Keep them max inflated for a couple of weeks or longer. Doing this Stretches the tires a bit and expands the rubber.

When I feel they are ready for tubeless install, I warm them up first with a hair dryer (not hot, but just warm) before the install.

Those two steps above have eased the pain of installing any tire into my enve SES rims.

Hope that helps.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply