Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Is that from this week? That’s likely to get a Cadet in some trouble.

I certainly hope so, as in conduct unbecoming.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When did that become a white supremacist thing? Seriously I'm sick of everything being coopted by some group making it not okay to use.
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
slowguy wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

I certainly hope so, as in conduct unbecoming.

Didn’t take long.

https://www.wsj.com/...and-sign-11576373230

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As well it should.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
When did that become a white supremacist thing? Seriously I'm sick of everything being coopted by some group making it not okay to use.

No shit, 40 years ago we played a game, you throw up an 'OK' sign and if your friend looked, you got to hit him in the arm. MY son and his friends started doing this recently which I thought was hilarious, but then told him not to do it at school or else they'll think he's a white sumpremo and get in trouble.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
windywave wrote:

No shit, 40 years ago we played a game, you throw up an 'OK' sign and if your friend looked, you got to hit him in the arm. MY son and his friends started doing this recently which I thought was hilarious, but then told him not to do it at school or else they'll think he's a white sumpremo and get in trouble.

Exactly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I always loved Pershing Barracks. There was a pizza place downstairs (Tony's Pizza) that made the best calzones in the world. Good stuff.

Steve
Last edited by: Steve Hawley: Dec 15, 19 8:03
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
As well it should.

I'm not going to rush to judgement on this, except I agree he's going to get into some trouble.

This could be the "circle game" done by a cadeidiot is playing a stupid kids game on his biggest stage to get an opportunity to slug someone and doesn't know that the "ok" sign has been appropriated by white power asshats. That game has seen resurgence in the last 4-5 years and my teenage son likes to get me. 3 fingers down, thumb and first finger in a circle and it only counts if its below the waist. If you look at the circle you get slugged. If, however, you put your finger through the circle you get to dick punch the signer. (I thought the white power sign was three fingers up to form a W and the thumb and first finger to form the loop of the P, but what do i know.)

It could be that the cadeidiot could be stupid, is playing the circle game, and does know that the "ok" sign has been appropriated by white power asshats and did it anyway.

It could be that he is stupid and is an actual racist and thinks he's going to get away with flashing a white power appropriated hand sign on national TV.

There is a common theme- the cadeidiot is stupid. He should know better no matter the motivation and lacked good judgement. Sounds like about 70% of the Second Lieutenants.

Likely he will get a dick punch of epic proportions that, if in fact he was just playing he game, he didn't expect.

edit: A midiot did the same thing. Stupidity is clearly equal opportunity.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Dec 15, 19 10:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
mck414 wrote:
windywave wrote:

Exactly.
Make sure your three fingers are pointed up and you'll (probably) be OK.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
windywave wrote:
mck414 wrote:
windywave wrote:

Exactly.
Make sure your three fingers are pointed up and you'll (probably) be OK.

But then you are less likely to catch them and get to punch their shoulder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Why is the President pictured alongside the photo of the cadet?
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Why is the President pictured alongside the photo of the cadet?[/quote]
You serious bro?

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
slowguy wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Why is the President pictured alongside the photo of the cadet?

I don't know, ask Stephen Miller?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
mck414 wrote:
windywave wrote:

Exactly.

I'd bet that's exactly what this was. Unfortunately, you have to be smarter than that.

Either he (and the midshipman who apparently did the same) were trying to throw white supremacy symbols, in which case, fry them. Or they were trying to play the circle game, in which case,...fry them. They're too stupid not to know that it would (best case) look shitty to play the circle game in uniform on national TV or (worst case) be interpreted as a white supremacy symbol.

You can't be out there representing the Service Academies and every Soldier and Sailor by proxy, and do stupid shit like that.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

I'd bet that's exactly what this was. Unfortunately, you have to be smarter than that.

Either he (and the midshipman who apparently did the same) were trying to throw white supremacy symbols, in which case, fry them. Or they were trying to play the circle game, in which case,...fry them. They're too stupid not to know that it would (best case) look shitty to play the circle game in uniform on national TV or (worst case) be interpreted as a white supremacy symbol.

You can't be out there representing the Service Academies and every Soldier and Sailor by proxy, and do stupid shit like that.

Fry them for stupid- no matter the reason- seems to be the logical conclusion of this event.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Fry them for stupid- no matter the reason- seems to be the logical conclusion of this event.

I can't say I don't disagree. I'd throw in the pile of "charges" if you will, trying to standout as an individual instead of conforming and professionally representing your respective academy.

This ranks up there with the USMA cadet, if I remember correctly, who during graduation wore the I love communists t-shirt, or some such BS.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confirmed circle game
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
windywave wrote:
Confirmed circle game

They'll probably still be marching tours over xmas break.

"Appropriate administrative punishment" will be doled out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Century man checking in!

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
Century man checking in!
I never made the Century Club. But I did pick up a "12 and 8" (demerits and tours) one week where we didn't have any Saturday Morning Training scheduled. We got to knock out two tours on Friday after class and then the other six on Saturday. We were still carrying M1 rifles (and they'd fixed a steel rod down the barrel after a guy committed suicide shooting a pencil into his head using a blank cartridge). Eight hours of marching with that M1 was a heck of a workout.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Time for Army vs Navy [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We carried M14s. I'm not certain but i seem to recall that the firing pins were removed from the bolt group for reasons such as you suggest. Just a long slog back and forth across the area. Back and forth. Back and forth. back and forth.

good times (not)

Steve
Quote Reply

Prev Next