Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

San Jose and a good tri bike shop?
Quote | Reply
I will be travelling down to San Jose next week, 8th onwards and would like to get fitted up on a QR or Felt. Though Dan has placed a retailers list, im not sure how far are the bike retailers from San Jose. Any good recommendations? A good bike fitting service is paramount as I have biomechanical problems.

thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: San Jose and a good tri bike shop? [elly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi elly,

The only shop is the San Jose area that I know of that sells QRs and Felts (they also sell Cervelos) and does decent fitting is Cupertino Bicycle Shop. Be sure to talk to Vance.

(408) 255-2217
http://www.cupertinobike.com/

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to the new Transition Sport in Oakland - great service, carry numerous brands. One of my training partners just got a Caliente there, and said the service was spectacular. They are FIST certified.

http://www.transitionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Elly. I'd have to say that while Cupertino Bike Shop is a great shop and Vance is a great guy, I wouldn't recommend them for fittings. I bought my P3 from Vance but I had to totally redo my fit when I got home. I've heard good things about Transition Sports in Oakland, which is about a 45 minute drive from San Jose. The other place in the bay area that I've heard good things about, (from Dan himself on this forum) even though I haven't been there myself, is PK Racing in San Anselmo (about an hour drive from San Jose).
Quote Reply
Re: San Jose and a good tri bike shop? [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot all about PK..here's the link http://www.pkracing.com/

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard good things about all three of those places. I've never had an interaction with Cupertino Bike. I've exchanged emails with Chris?? from PK Racing, really helpful. I bought my wetsuit from Transition sports and I also got fit on my bike at Transition sports. Krag did a great job, bike fits awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I lived in San Francisco, I spent a lot of time at Cyclepath (www.cyclepath.com) in San Mateo. It looks like Paul, the old owner, has moved on, but the shop is still alive and kicking. I bought my first tri bike there in '97, learned how to glue tubulars in the shop, and spent a lot of time just hanging around, talking about components, upcoming races, everything. I remember going in for a pre-IM tune up and seeing multiple bikes/people there for the same thing. They knew what they were doing.

-Drew

---------------------------------------
I am a living animal, tied to a dying soul. -PKD

Last edited by: d_smitty: Feb 6, 04 1:13
Quote Reply