Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

choosing used TM
Quote | Reply
Could you please tell me what brand do you prefer? I am deciding between Life Fitness 95T Inspire and Matrix T5X/T7X (older models).
If I won't be able to find those, I will be looking for Life Fitness Discover 95T SI/SE or Matrix T5X/T7X (recent used models).
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: choosing used TM [Marty85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No comparison, get the Life Fitness. Too many reasons to list, but trust my 12+ years in the fitness equipment industry.
Quote Reply
Re: choosing used TM [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J.Thompson wrote:
No comparison, get the Life Fitness. Too many reasons to list, but trust my 12+ years in the fitness equipment industry.

Do you know by any change since when is the LF 95T Inspire model on the market?

Also I have found some post recommending the LF 95T without integrated display, is there any reason for that? I would prefer the 95T Inspire series to Integrity series. The 95T Inspire frame just seems more sturdy to me. What do you think?

Edit: Is it still possible to use the LF 95T Inspire in case the display is broken or do I have to replace it in order the unit to work?
Last edited by: Marty85: Dec 11, 19 1:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not without doing some research. The only "real" difference in those treadmills in the last 10 years roughly is console changes.

I have an old 95t elevation, and love it, would only change it out for a Woodway and that would only happen if an incredible deal feel in my lap.

If you don't buy a refurbished unit, just immediately have a new belt and deck installed. Try to use OEM parts if you can afford it, they are really that much better, if you have to use aftermarket parts, I like the stuff from national gym supply. At all cost avoid the cheap no name $99 belts and cheap decks.

If you do buy a refurbished unit, do your research on the company, most used equipment companies are crooks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J.Thompson wrote:
Not without doing some research. The only "real" difference in those treadmills in the last 10 years roughly is console changes.

I have an old 95t elevation, and love it, would only change it out for a Woodway and that would only happen if an incredible deal feel in my lap.

If you don't buy a refurbished unit, just immediately have a new belt and deck installed. Try to use OEM parts if you can afford it, they are really that much better, if you have to use aftermarket parts, I like the stuff from national gym supply. At all cost avoid the cheap no name $99 belts and cheap decks.

If you do buy a refurbished unit, do your research on the company, most used equipment companies are crooks.

Bolded portion THIS!!!! If it is a giant warehouse full of stuff, you are looking for a diamond in the rough. You can get a great deal, but you had better know what you are looking at. I found my Star Trac from a guy that pulls equipment in he has looked at and can stand behind (and does).

I was dead set on a Life Fitness until I saw the Star Trac he had. 9600 miles on the odometer, thing is a beast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am planning to get the TM probably from ebay and let the TM fully refurbished even with the new belt and deck. Is it OK or if the belt was heavily used before there are some parts which are likely to go broke.

National gym supply has only after markets parts? Do you have some trustworthy source of OEM parts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An old belt and deck will cause then motor control board to go out. National sells aftermarket and OEM. Most of not all companies will sell direct and are normally a few dollars cheaper.

The no. 1 way to keep your tread running a long time is to clean clean clean, open it up once or twice a year and completely vacuum out the motor compartment and underside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there somebody who has bought used treadmill in Europe? Is there some decent website where to get used Life Fitness goods in Europe?
Quote Reply