Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Haley Chura goes 2:43 at CIM
Quote | Reply
Was just scrolling through the results from Cal International this past weekend and looking at all the OTQ names and noticed Haley Chura in the mix. Went through halfway in 1:21:31 and finished up in 2:43:19. Pretty solid effort and probably a bit faster than I'd have guessed for her from what I know of her triathlon results.
Quote Reply
Re: Haley Chura goes 2:43 at CIM [pacco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that, it was a great run. I'll add my friend and local Boulder triathlete Caitlin Standifer who finished just behind her in 2:44 after going through the half in 1:20.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's taken awhile, but it appears her run has caught up with her enormous swimming engine, or at least getting close!! 2;43 for the womens who were never runners before triathlon, has to be right near the top of the heap. Even world class runners who were pro triathletes only run a few minutes faster than that, 2;35 for Erin Baker as I recall, few other mid to high 2;30's for others..

Well done Haley...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She now has OTQs in both swimming and running. Not a long list of people that can say that.
Quote Reply
Re: Haley Chura goes 2:43 at CIM [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a long list of people that can say that. ///

Here is one on that list that probably no one remembers, but a few of us old timers. This lady qualified for the 80' olympic swimming trials in the 400IM, which were boycotted and lost her chance there. Then she took up running, after giving up her swimming scholarship, and got 4th in the marathon trials I think 3 different times, devastating results. Ran a PR of 2;28 and made so much money running, we only got to see her attempt our sport at the very end of her career, which was in ITU I think. She had Ironman written all over her DNA, certainly would have been either a champion, or a major factor in the race to the end, but not to be for us..

Maybe if Haley can drop 15 more minutes off that marathon time, she can show us what Lisa's Kona race would have possibly looked like...(-;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Rainsberger
Quote Reply
Re: Haley Chura goes 2:43 at CIM [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Not a long list of people that can say that. ///

Here is one on that list that probably no one remembers, but a few of us old timers. This lady qualified for the 80' olympic swimming trials in the 400IM, which were boycotted and lost her chance there. Then she took up running, after giving up her swimming scholarship, and got 4th in the marathon trials I think 3 different times, devastating results. Ran a PR of 2;28 and made so much money running, we only got to see her attempt our sport at the very end of her career, which was in ITU I think. She had Ironman written all over her DNA, certainly would have been either a champion, or a major factor in the race to the end, but not to be for us..

Maybe if Haley can drop 15 more minutes off that marathon time, she can show us what Lisa's Kona race would have possibly looked like...(-;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Rainsberger

Few more triathletes in there - Randy Arriola, Tom Clifford, Dan Feeney...maybe Greg Billington (might not be the triathlete though)
Quote Reply
Re: Haley Chura goes 2:43 at CIM [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I remember any of the first 3 guys you named, were they top pro triathletes I just missed?? I know we are going off on a tangent here, but besides a few of us, seems like this thread has played out already.. )-;
Quote Reply