Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV
Quote | Reply
How do I

a) get HRV data, and
b) get that data onto TP?

I'm basically a complete moron, so dumb it down! I use a Garmin Fenix 3HR and Wahoo Tickr. I also have the Garmin Strap (the plain black one with the plastic piece that can clip on/off)

TIA..
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The way I do it is by wearing my Whoop strap. The Whoop app collects the data and uploads it onto my TP account every morning...

i admit this isn't very helpful in your case unless there is a similar function with the Garmin strap and the Garmin app

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was really keen on the Whoop strap until I realised that it was a monthly subscription-type system. There must be another way. Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other way is probably the manual entry. You collect yourself the data with your strap (Garmin has that mode on several watches, it's called "HRV stress") and your enter it in the dedicated field on TP

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go...

https://sporttracks.mobi/...g-hrv-garmin-watches

HRV from workouts will be in the FIT file. Daily HRV data can be collected and uploaded to TP via HRV4Training or Elite HRV.
Last edited by: Newduguy: Dec 9, 19 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, so where is the dedicated field?
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [Newduguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newduguy wrote:
Here you go...

https://sporttracks.mobi/...g-hrv-garmin-watches

HRV from workouts will be in the FIT file. Daily HRV data can be collected and uploaded to TP via HRV4Training or Elite HRV.

Do you know if you can use HRV4Training for upload from Polar Vantage V.

Polar Flow app will not upload the recovery metrics to training peaks. Additionally, it does not store the Nightly Recharge info; it only shows you the previous night. Huge miss on Polar's part in my opinion.

I was hoping to replace my Whoop with Polar, but (as can be usual with Polar) the UX is horrific.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Hrv4t. I believe you can use the app (and I think automagically push to trainingpeaks) as long as you have a compatible smart phone, although a Bluetooth cheat strap is helpful.

Hrv4t pushes to trainingpeaks but also moots the question a bit, because the app itself has far superior analytics from an hrv / recovery perspective
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [devolikewhoa83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the HR4VTraining App on iPhone. The £9.99 version. Use the camera on the phone to collect the info every morning and it automatically syncs to TrainingPeaks.

I'm fairly new to HRV, but in TrainingPeaks you end up with a graph of HRV and Resting HR which doesn't really tell you much. Others may be more skilled with this side of things.

As said above, the HRV4Training App gives you much more in the way of insights and guidance on how you should approach training intensity, than TP. It also gives you insights to your history and if there are any correlations between HRV/HR and sleep, alcohol, training intensity, etc.

I've got a long way to go to understand and use the data, and decide if it's providing any value to my training, but from reading various articles by Dr Dan Plews and others, it's hopefully worth adding to the whole picture of training and recovery.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [jockhaggis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Big picture. Not a magic answer button but it adds to the whole picture.
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! I'm stupid! Training Peaks and HRV [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As far as I know, there's no link between Polar Flow and HRV4Training. When you export all of your data from Polar Flow, only the Orthostatic test results are included in the data package, as far as I can tell and none of the sleep data, recharge data, step data, etc is there (which they note, since algorithm-derived data is technically "theirs"). I agree, a huge miss for Polar. But not surprising from them at all.

I wanted to try Whoop and almost did...but I don't have confidence in PPG HRV and current state-of-the-art in HRV analysis telling me what's going on with my body, yet. How I feel upon waking, my lowest HR during sleep, and my first trip upstairs in the AM typically guide me. Not scientific in the least!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way overboard answer here for the gadget types (like me).
I got an emfit qs (200 from Amazon) it's a thin little strip that goes between your mattress and the box spring. If you are in bed, it's measuring. Takes measurements all night.. I have 15" thick mattress and no issue.

I just started using it about 45 days ago. Last week, coach checked in to ask if i was feeling ok, cuz my hrv made it look like id been sick a couple days... I told him i had just got back from the doctor.

I love that there's nothing to do but get into bed. Nothing to do in he am or at night. And it uploads to training peaks
Last edited by: dcohen24: Dec 9, 19 15:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I’m using Elite HRV with Tickr strap now. Sends to TP when you have the paid app. Let’s see how it goes.
Quote Reply