Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AOS Requesting Guidance [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its not some level of brilliance. Its just that I've been where you are. I spent a lot of time trying to get my SPL down, because I thought it was some measure of good swimming.

The fish thread isn't about begging for advice. Its just about sharing workouts and a place for fish (and aspiring fish like you and me) to feel welcome. Just jump in, introduce yourself and post your first workout. Monty will put you in the "virtual slow lane".
Quote Reply
Re: AOS Requesting Guidance [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok cool. I will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: AOS Requesting Guidance [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been a fun few weeks, I have some thoughts:

1. USRPT style is a good way to train. It is tidy and allows me to simultaneously pay attention to technique and get a good workout in. I'll be continuing with these short distances whenever possible.

2. The upside of USRPT is that I usually have 60-90 minutes in the pool. When I am done with my set either because I succeeded or failed, I have some time after that to kill in the pool. I first tried to work on technical stuff or power work and for the last couple of weeks, I just tried to flip turn. It was brutal and I could write a separate thread on the experience. However, I won't bother except to say that I already think it was well worth it. I also think my sinuses have effectively been powerwashed through the process.

3. Body position is something that I continue to focus on. During interval sets, my arms and legs don't tire out first. It is my core, which then appears to lose tautness, legs drop increasing drag and subsequently my arms and legs tire out.

4. I am making progress, one interval at a time!
Quote Reply

Prev Next