Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Suunto 9? Yay or nay?
Quote | Reply
I can get a great deal on one. I’ve heard this watch sucks for pool swimming, but I never wear a watch to swim, so not worried about that. I’d value easy to use, battery life, gps accuracy. What do you suunto 9 users think?
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto 9? Yay or nay? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell yeah!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Using a Suunto9 now from a Garmin 920xt and haven't looked back. Suunto does all the things I wanted, and the battery life and ability to change it can't be beat. Also doesn't seem to be any worse in a pool than my Garmin was.

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If those are the 3 things you want, then a Suunto 9 will do well. It's a nice watch but I almost wouldn't consider it a multisport watch. It's worthless in the pool unfortunately, not just cause of missed laps but bad software. It's pretty massive compared to a 945 as well. For ultra runners though, the battery life and gps accuracy can't really be beat but that's the only type of athlete I would recommend it to over other options if I'm honest.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Suunto 9? Yay or nay? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. The Suunto 9 is not in the same league as many Garmin models - both hardware and software. I know, I know - price/cost. IMO, the Polar Vantage series is actually a better alternative to Suunto for the price. Plus, Suunto back-end software (Movescount, Sports Tracker) both mobile and web are in a state of flux at present.

I'd encourage the original poster to go read DCrainmaker's reviews.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see what's wrong with poolswimming with this watch. Works fine for me. Issues for me are battery life and some usebility things. Those were better with my old Ambit 3S.
Last edited by: ic3d: Dec 16, 19 3:18
Quote Reply