Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do I read stack and reach specs?
Quote | Reply
I'm shopping for a new (first) TT bike.

I got a fit on a fit bike and it looks like my stack is 565 mm and reach is 400 mm. How do I shop for the correct size bike? I get confused looking at specs. For example, when I look at Cerevelo's site, the specs for each size only have one stack and reach value.

How do I know what frame size to buy? What's adjustable, etc? My guess is I should pick a frame based more on reach and assume the stack is adjustable.

Appreciate any help
Quote Reply
Re: How do I read stack and reach specs? [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For us you would be on the low end of SM or high end of XS. Our charts are conservative but you would fit on both. If I was looking at your fit I would focus on stand over height, then if you felt you would get more aggressive over time or less aggressive over time.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: Dec 7, 19 18:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there is only one number, it's because that is the stack and reach of the frame. You need pad reach and stack and try to get in the middle of the range. Generally, you're on the right track about prioritizing reach between the two measurements (unless you are extremely low or high) since modern cockpit have a lot of stack adjustability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your fit is pad stack and reach (probably to the center of the pads, but could be to the back).

Most tri bikes have a chart that shows the range of adjustability for each frame size (using the stock cockpit). Here's the one for the Cervelo P5X:

As you can see, there is overlap between sizes. You want to be toward the center of the range if possible (esp. for reach, since there is impact on handling).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply