Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use a Gravi-Trainer rockr?
Quote | Reply
Anybody tried the gravitrainer rockr? Looks a little less mechanical (and cheaper) than others. But I'm not sure if that's good or bad (on the mechanical part).

Removed the link to appease GPLama's rage :).

Human Person
Last edited by: trismitty: Dec 6, 19 6:36
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Gravi-Trainer rockr? [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. "GraviTrainer would like to send you Push Notifications" and NOPE ffs website. It's a rocker plate, why do they want to notify me!?

/rage.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Gravi-Trainer rockr? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okaaaayy. So I'm not sure what that is but the question was legitimate in that I couldn't find reviews so thought someone here might know. And I'd never heard of it, so I included the link. Sorry it had undesirable consequences.

When I was in their site, I just clicked past any invites for notifications. Were you spammed? Agree that would be annoying.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, it wasn't a rage at you. I'm 30hrs into trying to get home from the other side of the world and banging away on the Internets.

That just looks like a standard 'ol Rocker Plate. Lots of homebrew versions of these floating around and a few commercial solutions.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Gravi-Trainer rockr? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All good. Didn't take it personally. Felt bad that it spammed you. Safe travels!

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
Anybody tried the gravitrainer rockr? Looks a little less mechanical (and cheaper) than others. But I'm not sure if that's good or bad (on the mechanical part).

Removed the link to appease GPLama's rage :).

I have one and been meaning to post a review here. TLDR version is, it works and buy it if you don't want to spend $350+ on the other solutions. It may not be top of the line but it gets the job done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is now such a wide price range for rocker plates:

From slightly more than $100 for this one to about $1200 for the Saris version. The SBR is in between about $500

Do we get what we pay for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at it, the thing that's missing is that it doesnt have anything to strap your trainer to be board that some of the higher end boards have. I dont know if you need one or not (virtually none of the DIY ones have it), but I sometimes move my trainer during a sprint and I can see the whole thing moving
Quote Reply