Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stem question and advice needed
Quote | Reply
So here is my situation. I have a 2018 P2 which I bought so cheaply that it has given me a lot of room to play with upgrades. I have converted to Di2 and have installed a Zipp Vuka Aero basebar. I have installed an Omega X brake up front to further clean up the front, but want to re-route the rear brake cable to get it out of the wind. I am trying to find a stem that allows me to route the rear cable through the stem and over the steerer tube cap. I have looked at the TriRig (Sigma?) but believe the front of that stem is too long to allow me to mount the front nose cone of the Zipp bar. I was looking at my wife's IA 16 this morning and the stem on that bike is exactly what I need/am referring to. Does anyone know if 1) a Felt Aerolite stem would work on a non-Felt bike (can't find information on whether or not it is proprietary); 2)is that another aftermarket stem on the market similar? Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question and advice needed [BJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an update, I measured the base of the Felt stem, where it clamps to the steerer tube, and it is way too wide for the Cervelo. So, does anyone know of a stem that offers internal brake cable routing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're going to find most aero stems are probably too pointy on the front to allow the nosecone. In theory there's also the profile design aeria ultimate stem which you could run the hydration with and it has internal routing. If you just want internal routing though, the Sigma X is nearly 200g lighter (than the 100mm PD stem), and has aero matched spacers which are a nice feature.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Stem question and advice needed [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I think you're going to find most aero stems are probably too pointy on the front to allow the nosecone. In theory there's also the profile design aeria ultimate stem which you could run the hydration with and it has internal routing. If you just want internal routing though, the Sigma X is nearly 200g lighter (than the 100mm PD stem), and has aero matched spacers which are a nice feature.

I looked at the profile design, but it is heavy. I like the Sigma X and may need to figure a way to make it work. I’m trying very hard to not talk myself into buying a Alpha One.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing you already have the Vuka? If you do go for the alpha one, the 20% off for the next two day is definitely the time to buy it! It's an awesome bar.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had convinced myself to buy the Alpha X but it sold out. I’m trying hard to not convince myself to spend $800 on myself at Christmas. My wife may actually kill me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and yes. I already have the Vuka.
Quote Reply