Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NEED SOME BIKE POWER METER HELP [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

However, if I preferred a particular pedal type, then my choice would be spider-based power meters. I would have to give up portability and L/R power with that type, though.

That describes me. The portability issue was one consideration when I was deciding what to replace my wired PThub with, and ultimately why I chose to NOT go with a spider or chain-ring type...and, ended up getting another PThub.
Quote Reply
Re: NEED SOME BIKE POWER METER HELP [RoadRash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoadRash wrote:
I just dropped off my bike to my shop for adding my Black Friday purchase of a Stages Dual sided (Ultegra Crankset) power meter.

I spent a great deal of time and discussion with my Coach about the readings of cranks v pedals ....I went with cranks, most of the tread (aside from the L / R v Dual discussion) seems to concur that the crank power meter is preferred to the pedal meter.

Horse is out of the barn now I suppose, fact is I won't get to use it in Michigan until May at the earliest ....but does anyone disagree with my summary of the thread and CW on it?

I think you may have made the mistake of listening to the wrong people on these forums. Just because some people post frequently and with passion, doesn't necessarily mean they are correct. With regards to pedal vs. crank power meters, I'm not going to argue one better than the other. But, a dual-sided Stages with one component mounted to an asymmetric Shimano drive side arm (R8000) is certainly worse than any dual sided pedal option available today.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0tWTUwpt1k
Quote Reply
Re: NEED SOME BIKE POWER METER HELP [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I probably should have also noted, I am a pure Speedplay pedal user - so, in all honesty, the Vectors were never really an option.

That said, I will report back in during the Spring when I get miles on theses and can compare it to the power meter readings from the Kickr during the Winter.

40-45 AG, 5150, 70.3

https://www.instagram.com/miller_benjamin/
Quote Reply
Re: NEED SOME BIKE POWER METER HELP [RoadRash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quarqs are so cheap now (heck I've bought my srm's for 180,340 and 400)
SRM's aren't pricey second hand. Good luck
Quote Reply

Prev Next