Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less
Quote | Reply
I'm part of a secret santa and I'm looking to fill my wish list with stocking stuffers under $30.
Not really sure what to add. Surely there's some gems I haven't thought about that I MUST have.

Thanks for the ideas!!
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub'd. Could use the same list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Latex tubes (or training tubes) or sealant, handlebar tape, favourite chain lube, bike tool (cable cutters, cassette lockring, multitool, etc), tire plug kit, buff or hat that can be worn under helmet, socks, sports nutrition.
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any affiliation with Swiftwick, but I surely love their socks. I received a few pairs of socks last year as a stocking stuffer and I love them. I never have found any value with paying up for socks, but they are the only ones I buy now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on what you've got already, but it seems like these things you can always use more of, or a spare...

goggles
running socks
insulated water bottle
gels/chews/bars
Body Glide
Bio Freeze
sunscreen
compression socks
c02 cartridges
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
I'm part of a secret santa and I'm looking to fill my wish list with stocking stuffers under $30.
Not really sure what to add. Surely there's some gems I haven't thought about that I MUST have.

Thanks for the ideas!!

Won't fit in the stocking, and you will need to get the dimensions of their HVAC, but give the gift of better air quality this season to help them recover as athlete faster and breathe better. 3M Filtrete 2800 filters are the best standard retail grade air filter you can buy. The following is a 2-pack link under $30 a piece. Bonus, you might get some weird looks, but it might be the most thoughtful object you can give.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Chan wrote:

Thanks for the ideas!!

Won't fit in the stocking, and you will need to get the dimensions of their HVAC, but give the gift of better air quality this season to help them recover as athlete faster and breathe better. 3M Filtrete 2800 filters are the best standard retail grade air filter you can buy. The following is a 2-pack link under $30 a piece. Bonus, you might get some weird looks, but it might be the most thoughtful object you can give.

you are weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great suggestion so far. Here's a quick copy and paste of something I wrote up for a newsletter. The formatting might be a little goofy.

Goodr or Tfosi Swank running Sunglasses - $25

Ritchey Torque Key - $25

There's hardly a bolt on your bike that 5Nm is too much for or not strong enough for. Other companies make fairly similar ones as well, but I can't say I have ever needed to try anybody else's. My original one from 2013 is still going strong and I have this updated one in my travel bag.

Powerbank/Portable Battery
There are manyoptions, but I'm really happy with the Anker branded ones we have had. Pick any size you want though. I one that I can throw in my pack or pocket for epic long rides. For the size and weight of a Snickers, you can make sure nothing runs out of juice.

Here's the tiny one I will throw in a jersey pocket or hydration pack.

This one below is twice the capacity, but certainly not twice the price.

If you grab one of those, I highly recommend pairing it with....

Chafon Multi USB Cable - $9

I slip this thing's USB port into the battery above and I can charge my phone, lights and Garmin all at the same time (slowly). It's been pretty sturdy for $9.

Balega Hidden Comfort Socks

Socks are personal, so there may be other good suggestions as well. After trying Smartwool (which I adore for work and casual socks), Swiftwick and a few others, I now have 12 pairs of these. The grey goes with everything, but there's plenty of other colors to choose from as well.

Honorable sock mention to Pearl Izumi's Elite Thermal sock is a nice blend between not-too-thick but still pretty warm. Their old models used to have weird toes and heels, but these ones don't. I have a couple pairs. They are buttery soft the first few wears and will stay that way if you keep them out of hot water. Ask me how I know.

Pedag Insulated insoles

Winter bike shoes are stupid expensive and very, very heavy. A lot of heat is lost out of the bottom of the shoe, but winter shoes *seem* super overbuilt on the top without any change to the bottom. For $9, I used these the last couple of years and they made a noticeable difference. Any 'thermal insole' with insulation (like 3M) should do the trick.

There's just two things to consider: 1) They are narrow. I would buy the biggest size and cut it down to mirror your current insoles. 2) They do take up some volume. If your bike shoes are already snug, these are going to make your feet unhappy (put them beneath your current insoles instead of replacing your insoles). I have an older pair of mt bike shoes and an old pair of road shoes that are a little bigger than they need to be and these insoles spent some time in both of them last year. I threw them in my normal mt bike shoes this year for a cx race and had some heel discomfort from how tight the whole setup was.

Tire Pressure Gauge

Topeak Smartgauge D2 and version two of the SKS Airchecker are my favorite. Airchecker V1 was okay. The Airchecker is more pocket friendly and fits in my disc opening. I like the Smartgauge better for road pressures, but it doesn't fit the disc opening. Meiser Accugauges are also nice, but you want the one specific to the pressure you're using. It's what I use for fat bikes, but I have broken two in two seasons. They have a lifetime warranty if you ship them the broken one.

Last edited by: dangle: Dec 3, 19 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geeeeez.....Hope I never get you for a secret Santa!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wireless charger for your phone. I used to always buy my kids usb and cables but this year I got them wireless chargers.
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Geeeeez.....Hope I never get you for a secret Santa!

😂😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.pactimo.com/...hanging-kilt-cycling

Great for changing in a parking lot, better than a towel, no worries of it falling off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rear blinkie light for running and biking: https://www.amazon.com/...575415736&sr=8-2

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
https://www.pactimo.com/collections/quick-release-changing-kilt-cycling

Great for changing in a parking lot, better than a towel, no worries of it falling off.

That's a good one too. Definitely gets used a lot during the year.
Quote Reply
Re: Stocking Stuffers for 2019 $30 or less [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some supplies for T3?
Quote Reply