Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P5 Disc with P3X front end?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this here anything i should know before pulling the trigger ?

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [johnnyyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a few folks have done it and IIRC there are some photos over in the official P5 disc thread. From what I gather, the upside is that you get the ability to tilt the extensions. The downside is that you lose the nifty hiding spot for the junction box and need to stuff it in the small front bento box. I'm first trying the Aerocoach angled armpad wedges to see if angling the armpads solves it for me before going the P3X front end route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive done it with my bike. Make sure before purchasing the bike to say that you would like the switch and they should be able do the switch. Otherwise its $400+. Nothing really to note besides like the previous comment said you have to put the junction box in the aero pouch 100. you can tilt 0,5, 10, 15 degrees .

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assembly info in the manual. Follow that and it's dead easy. Also, agree with the above.. ideally ask for the bits when you purchase to save a chunk of cash!

https://www.cervelo.com/...nual_v6.7_web_2_.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don’t put the junction box in 100 pouch, you put it at the back of the extension.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s good to know. Just haven’t seen one personally with the p3x front end having the junction box in the back of the extension. Have pictures?? That would save a little bit of space

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HI I just ordered a P5D with a P3X. Can you show a picture of what this looks like please? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [OzTx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally dont think the angle makes much of difference over the 50 degree bar that it comes with. The main benefit of the P3x bar i think is if you need to shorten your arm pad reach shorter than you can achieve with the stock bar. The stock bar is so clean, light . You just need to buy the long K edge computer mount so you can put your computer on without the bars getting in the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was actually a condition for me to purchase the bike... I guess it's a personal choice, but much more confortable.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [GZMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have ridden both, and the difference in comfort, at least for me was huge. I didn't find the 50 to be comfortable at all and had to re-adjust my fit. Put on the EX11 bar with 15 degree of tilt and was super comfy.
But it is just personal.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [OzTx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OzTx3 wrote:
HI I just ordered a P5D with a P3X. Can you show a picture of what this looks like please? Thanks!

It looks like this, pretty clean and you can use the original di2 cable that comes with the standard bar.

Jeroen

Last edited by: TRIPRO: Dec 4, 19 3:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait, I just posted this question. So you can ORDER it with the PX front end?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bogusdogs wrote:

Nope, cervelo doesn't sell custom bike... if you don't like something in a box, you need to pay extra to get the replacement (as of last spring when i ordered mine).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing the Di2 charge port in the picture isn't standard for the P3X front end?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am wanting to put the Px (split base bar) on the P5d. Maybe that's not possible?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bogusdogs wrote:

No, you get it with the standard bar but you can order the EX11 kit as a seperate part.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
I'm guessing the Di2 charge port in the picture isn't standard for the P3X front end?

No, that is the port that comes with the standard EX10 BAR but since you have it you can use it like this on the EX11 bar as well.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bogusdogs wrote:
I am wanting to put the Px (split base bar) on the P5d. Maybe that's not possible?

I think it is, i have to check.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are giving me hope, but everyone at Cervelo says no. The manuals sure make it look like it will...kind of anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The people at Cervelo are right, the fitting of the bar a different one. As the looks of it you can put that P5X bar on a P3X but not on the P5 disc.

Jeroen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really need to figure this out this weekend, without the round plastic ring how securely is the junction box held in the bar? Did you have to do any drilling?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 Disc with P3X front end? [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I really need to figure this out this weekend, without the round plastic ring how securely is the junction box held in the bar? Did you have to do any drilling?

It is super tight without the rubber ring. You actually need to be a bit careful that you put the cable in right and then press the junction is. It is impossible that it comes out when fully pressed in.
The rubber ring is purely cosmetic

Jeroen

Quote Reply