Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Top/Shorts recommendation
Quote | Reply
I have a serious lack of pockets on my current tri kit. Stuffing things down my pants for run was not optimal last time. Looking for something better. I do 70.3 and moving up to IM.

- Sleeveless top with pockets, prefer zippered
- Normal tri shorts, pockets somewhere

Any recommendations? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Top/Shorts recommendation [krafty81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about zippered pockets (or were you referring to zippered suit??... in which case the response is the same--zippered/non-zippered/partial zippered offered in virtually every brand), but I think just about (if not every) brand makes tri tops and tri shorts with and without pockets.

As far as tri short pockets go, De Soto Forza 4 pockets and Riviera with 2 waterlid pockets are my favorite at least for training. Plenty big and well made so long lasting. Castelli tri pockets are very small and can't fit much more than a gel. Zoot makes them. 2XU makes them. Love the Pain-big gulp!--makes them. For custom, Ownway Apparel makes them. Lots of huge sales going on for all these brands right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Top/Shorts recommendation [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing that comes between me an my bike are my De Soto tri shorts. In both the shorts and the one piece kit there are plenty of pockets to get the job done

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Tri Top/Shorts recommendation [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my DeSoto kits. Pockets on both hips of the shorts and pockets in the jerseys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joining the chorus, I love my DeSoto tri shorts too. Very comfortable, easy to run in, and four good size pockets to hold stuff.

https://www.desotosport.com/...asico-integrated-pad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castelli one piece would be my choice. San Remo I think it is?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Top/Shorts recommendation [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
De Soto sold out of everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello

using a dual nose saddle (ISM), I noticed some tri short have a pad much too narrow, creating serious issues...
Skin Tri 400 (now use it for running only)
Compressport (same)

More confortable pad (large enough but not very protective) :
Fusion (with lateral pockets)

Much more confortable pad :
Castelli San Remo (in one piece) and the pocket on the top are wide and safe (but not zipped)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
krafty81 wrote:
De Soto sold out of everything.

You sure? I checked the link I used above and it shows the shorts are still available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto Sports are the best. Period. https://www.desotosport.com/

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the Fusion kit.
The shorts have side pockets which easily fit a few gels in each. The tops are more aero so not as much room, for Ironman is use their aero cycling jersey which is great.
Desoto not available where I am from so can't comment there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Wattie Ink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I particularly love the de soto riviera tri bibs for both cycling and tris because of the pockets on each leg plus a pocket in the lower back that is perfect for carrying a phone whether biking or running with no bouncing. Pair that with a jersey with the normal 3 pockets, and you have room enough to carry a full buffet with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also recommend De Soto, this is what I am currently using. I also recommend you use Launch crp129 obd2 scanner since it'll be useful when you travel to another country for a run or any activity and your car runs into trouble. It'll be handy.

Last edited by: Aeriform: Jan 5, 20 8:16
Quote Reply