Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used road bike from TrekTravel - Thoughts?
Quote | Reply
I was looking around for a road bike, just something to switch up from my tri. In the close to 2k range, I was looking at a Canyon Endurance.
Then I came across TrekTravel. They are selling a used 2017 Domane SL 7 for right at 2k.

Plus side, it has Ultegra 6870 Di2 (also have Di2 on my tri bike and love it)
Down side, it was a loaner on their travel plans so unknown miles and use. Supposed to have a good inspection on it, but still can't know for sure or inspect it.

Reaching out to get some others thoughts on buying used like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Used road bike from TrekTravel - Thoughts? [WeThereYet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been on 6 or 7 trek trips

Those bikes are inspected daily, and cleaned top to bottom after every trip. Something faulty is a liability for them, so everything stays in pretty decent shape

Trek trips average 40 miles a day, with 1-2 rest day per week. They get used half the year? And occupancy can't be near 100%...so maybe the bike gets used 15-20 weeks a year? 20? For 3 years =. 200/wk * 60wk =12000 miles tops?

I've watched them take care of their stuff.. Id see no issues in buying it
Quote Reply
Re: Used road bike from TrekTravel - Thoughts? [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback from actually being on their trips and how they take care of the bikes.

I am leaning closer to Trek more for the components now. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Used road bike from TrekTravel - Thoughts? [WeThereYet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just on a Trek Travel trip and actually asked the guide about the bikes. Something he said really stuck with me about the bikes. He said if you are a popular size, know the bike is ridden quite a few miles. If you are a fringe size, you will be getting a bike that is hardly ever ridden. So, 54 or 56 is your size, that bike was ridden almost every trip for sure and for lots of miles. The maintenance is good and the wear parts are changed often to keep them in tip-top shape. But, it has been ridden a lot of miles.

Ryan
Quote Reply