Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What Skewer for Horizontal Dropouts?
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine rides a P2 and she uses the trainer skewer on her rear wheel and she's looking for something lighter. Any suggestions? Maybe a Dura Ace skewer?
Quote Reply
Re: What Skewer for Horizontal Dropouts? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm biased, but...
if you're going to spend money on skewers, might as well go all the way. Otherwise, I raced on some of those cheap Chinese titanium skewers for awhile and never had any problems. Ones like these.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno about lighter but for my P2c with horizontal dropouts, I pretty much HAVE to use the chunky Dura-Ace skewer since it's the only one which will lock down hard enough so the wheel doesn't slip on hard efforts.
Quote Reply
Re: What Skewer for Horizontal Dropouts? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm. I used those cheap, light skewers I linked above with my p3c and never had a problem.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: What Skewer for Horizontal Dropouts? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's weird - how hard did you clamp that skewer down?

I don't throw down mega power, but for sure, if I spike it to 500+ watts for even 30 seconds without that DA skewer, the wheel gets pulled forward and those frame set screws get totally stripped out. Not sure if they've improved the design of that horizontal skewer though, my bike is old now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Realbdeal said it correctly... titanium from China if u have time for shipping, or Amazon has nice Quick Release Skewers under $15... Works great on my P2, n looks great in red and is light
Quote Reply
Re: What Skewer for Horizontal Dropouts? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If nothing else, at least disc brakes will be the death knell of horizontal dropouts
Quote Reply