Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Zones and Your Watch
Quote | Reply
Hello all. I have a question regarding inputing your pace/power/HR zones on your watch. I have a bit of a dilema and maybe you guys can help:

During a recent running time trail on a track near my house, I was able to obtain my running LTHR, pace and FTpower. I have a Sunnto Spartan Ultra watch, a Suunto HR belt, as well as a Stryd power pod. The problem is that after obtaining my metrics, I went to input them into my Suunto and found that the watch only has a 5 zone system for pace, power, and HR. Has anyone else run into this problem with their watches? If so how did you input your zones? Does my watch suck- maybe i should have gone with Garmin. Thanks.
E
Quote Reply
Re: Training Zones and Your Watch [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many zones do u want?
Quote Reply
Re: Training Zones and Your Watch [ejoe156] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ejoe156 wrote:
Hello all. I have a question regarding inputing your pace/power/HR zones on your watch. I have a bit of a dilema and maybe you guys can help:

During a recent running time trail on a track near my house, I was able to obtain my running LTHR, pace and FTpower. I have a Sunnto Spartan Ultra watch, a Suunto HR belt, as well as a Stryd power pod. The problem is that after obtaining my metrics, I went to input them into my Suunto and found that the watch only has a 5 zone system for pace, power, and HR. Has anyone else run into this problem with their watches? If so how did you input your zones? Does my watch suck- maybe i should have gone with Garmin. Thanks.
E
Similar problem for me with Garmin and the 80/20 zones.
They have seven zones and garmin has 6 zones in the configuration. I'm not sure how it works but after every workout you can see there's actually 7 zones in the graph.
I emailed the 80/20 triathlon guys and they said sorry we no longer support Garmin zones.

What I ended up doing is combining the top 2 zones since my focus is 80% in zones 1/2 and the 20% in zones above that. Zones 6/7 are combined.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Zones and Your Watch [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s great man. Thanks for your input- I’ll combine 1 and 2 like you said... so by doing that I guess your avoiding your zone 3 as that is really zone x. And your zone 4 is actually your zone 3... and so on
In Reply To:
Quote Reply