Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Cervelo RCA or R5CA
Quote | Reply
Seeking meaningful longterm relationship with Cervelo RCA or R5CA, size 56cm. I like bikes a lot and I've had quite a few but as with any bike person, I wonder about the relationships I've not had, the ones that got away. The RCA is that relationship. I know we'd get along really well and I promise I'll be good to you.

Lately I feel like my relationships are out of necessity. A bike that can do many things, swap wheelsets to move between dirt and asphalt, but that's a relationship of convenience. That's not love. That's not 'write letters home to mom telling them you met someone and you think it's serious', it's just 'no mom, we're just friends, it's nothing serious'.

Those are flings and I'm not a young man anymore. I don't have a foot in the grave yet but I see the young kids and I know that's just not me anymore. I find myself at a critical time in my life. I may look twenty-five but trust me I'm over thirty. I may not have kids yet but I can see that future rolling my way and while my spouse is as magnanimous as they come, I know the days of having eleven bikes, two in most categories, are behind me. I'm not at the limit but I'm smart enough to know I don't want to push until I find them.

I remember the first time I heard about the R5CA and I thought, 'oh, that would be something but....am I good enough?' and the answer came back a resounding 'I'm not sure'. But with time has come....perspective. Gosh darnit I am smart, I can be good at stuff and in a dimly lit room I think there's someone who might say 'hey, that guys alright looking' and their friend might only raise their eyebrow a little bit at them while their mouth opens in disbelief but they definitely might not say anything at that moment and just think 'it's the drinks talking, let it ride'.

I know this might not make much sense but since when does love make sense? Is it wrong to daydream about building an RCA with Campy? Maybe, it really sure might be. But this nine hundred gram wheelset with a campy freehub sure is whispering awfully loud to 'set me free'.

Yes, I live in Boulder Colorado. Of course I do. Stereotypes? What stereotypes? My stereo is Onkyo and the type is awesome. Play some records and let the time roll on by. Take a cruise up Lefthand Canyon and feel the pedals turn over easily. Sure there might be a tailwind and sure I might be holding on to a tow rope from my friend pulling me, I mean, pacing me on the scooter but so what? It may be unsafe but so are lots of things. And it makes me feel good. So where's the crime?

I think I've made my point here and the point is awesome bikes. The point is the one that got away. Unrequited love and all that.
Last edited by: goose695: Nov 26, 19 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo RCA or R5CA [goose695] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took a long time to say what your point was(you do have Onkyo, after all), but you can still get an Rca(I have a 2016 w/eTap at almost 10lbs).

There's a R5Ca on "Pinkbike" for low bucks and also an Rca on ebay. Get it while you're still able.
Last edited by: tabl10s: Nov 26, 19 8:16
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo RCA or R5CA [tabl10s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help,

How is your RCA built up besides the E/Tap? 10lbs is pretty light.

There's one on ebay that's a 56cm but it's in Italy. The one on PinkBike is a 54 and has the fork from a regular R5 from that era.

I'm sure the right one will come up.

I was thinking I came right out at the top with my point before I wasted peoples time reading the rest of it.....either way I think I got the point across.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a GURU Photon Hyperlight. Pristine condition with limited edition Enve fork and components.
Page 6-7 in this catalogue:
https://issuu.com/...logue--cat15e-sm-011

Colors like this:
http://yaosbike.blogspot.com/.../guru-photon-hl.html

Rides incredibly well:
https://www.bicycling.com/...015-buyers-guide-18/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THM Tibia stem, Clavicula crank, Darimo bars, Jagwire Elite, Lightweight Meilenstein's, JRC post,
Selle Italia C-59 saddle, Rotor Uno cassette, KMD DLC chain, Look Keo Blade 2 Ti's, Cane Creek ee's/110 headset, Ceramic Speed OSPW(3D Ti).

Trying to get to 9lbs.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Cervelo RCA or R5CA [goose695] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

These guys have a 58cm for only $7000.00 Cough Cough
https://www.racycles.com/...lo-rca-frameset-7702
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Cervelo RCA or R5CA [Jere B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They finally lowered the price. Here's mine in an older configuration(purchased an 2018 NOS in January for half-price and bought another a month ago).

Last edited by: tabl10s: May 29, 21 7:46
Quote Reply