Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Southeast Gravel Tri [JMosey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMosey - Are you able to provide any info about your West Michigan gravel triathlon? Thanks. David K.
Quote Reply
Re: Southeast Gravel Tri [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure! I didn’t mention it earlier as I didn’t want to derail the thread.

It’s called The Dirty Mitten.

http://www.thedirtymitten.com

We have been working on putting it together for the last few months (although I’ve been working on it in my head for a couple of years).

We announced the race last week after a week or two of teasing through our other races. So far the response has been pretty awesome. It’s easy to come up with what seems like a great idea but you never know if anyone else will agree until you put it out there in the public.

Registration opens Friday and will be capped at 600 entries.

As I said in the earlier post, we will offer two distances. I’m not too concerned with hitting the traditional distances exactly, I’m more interested in what will allow for the best course. Transition will be at Camp Manitou-Lin in Middleville, MI and the bike course will use some of the same roads as Barry-Roubaix (if you’re familiar with the area).

Race takes place September 27 and it should be an awesome way for those of us in W. Michigan to wrap up the season.

Drop me a line if you have any questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Southeast Gravel Tri [A_Hooligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would certainly be interested in doing a sprint/Olympic distance gravel tri in that area. I've done a triathlon in Lake Hiawassee in North Georgia and know they do a tri in Tsali (Fontana Lake), but both of those locations are probably more like 2 hours south of Knoxville. I agree with others that 5000' of elevation may be too much and would shoot for 2,000-3,000. Keep us posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Southeast Gravel Tri [A_Hooligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a 10 year hiatus I am just getting back into tris.
I'd drive from Austin for something like this.

I'd suggest if this thing goes, you indicate tri bikes are not allowed as tri bike can get sketchy on loose surfaces.

Could you make a single speed category please?
Quote Reply

Prev Next