Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift "racing" tonight by a rookie
Quote | Reply
In general I just ride on Zwift and rarely do group rides and races. Rides maybe a bit more frequently than races, but that is a single digit number of all my riding. Tonight I signed up for the Scheels Social Ride and quickly I noticed that my placing in the group was listed all along. And while group was stretched out a bit there was a group of about 40 surfing the red curtain/fence, and after 33k the curtain disappeared and all of a sudden the group had swelled back to about 60 and everyone was racing. I put the hammer then down too and hit 56km/h and with my big diesel engine pushed it to the end. I passed all but one and ended up 2nd in the results of this "social ride." I am such a rookie.
My heart rate however was only 117 (captured by 4iiii Viiiiva), lowest by far of all those near me.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift "racing" tonight by a rookie [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
In general I just ride on Zwift and rarely do group rides and races. Rides maybe a bit more frequently than races, but that is a single digit number of all my riding. Tonight I signed up for the Scheels Social Ride and quickly I noticed that my placing in the group was listed all along. And while group was stretched out a bit there was a group of about 40 surfing the red curtain/fence, and after 33k the curtain disappeared and all of a sudden the group had swelled back to about 60 and everyone was racing. I put the hammer then down too and hit 56km/h and with my big diesel engine pushed it to the end. I passed all but one and ended up 2nd in the results of this "social ride." I am such a rookie.
My heart rate however was only 117 (captured by 4iiii Viiiiva), lowest by far of all those near me.

How many watts/kg did you average? Is your heart rate monitor working??
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift "racing" tonight by a rookie [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was about 170 watts average as the ride was 2.0w/kg but it surely was a race at the end, and yes the HR is working.
Last edited by: Herbert: Nov 21, 19 19:46
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift "racing" tonight by a rookie [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that final .3 miles of Fuego Flats (loop was TickTock twice) my heart rate was 149, my wattage 519 and my speed 33.7 mph
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift "racing" tonight by a rookie [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might find it a bit different in a 'proper' race. They are nuts from the gun. IIRC Zwift does 'favour' bigger riders who produce high outright power on a lot of the courses(?) rather than a good w/kg.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply