Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related)
Quote | Reply
Without fail anytime I traveled via airplane the altimeter on my 910xt would tank. Usually went through the troubleshooting process with them only to finally get a refurb. Happened multiple times.

I've flown with my 935xt before without any issues. For whatever reason I flew earlier this week and sure enough it was showing an elevation of 65k ft afterwards. Having zero expectations of success I recalibrated the altimeter and...voila! It worked!

It's the little things in life.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related) [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting... I've noticed my 935 has poor elevation readings... my 12 mile run over the weekend shows a solid 437ft flat run. Maybe I should reset my altimeter as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related) [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you recalibrate? I just gave up on my 920.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related) [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't the usual issue with Garmin barometers, that they simply break. The one on my 935 went after 7 months, and the one in my 920 died too.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related) [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had issues with my 935 elevation readings and training load etc. It was so easy to hop on the Garmin chat and they sent me a ticket to mail in my watch. They sent me a new one in 10 days flat, from the time I mailed it to the time I got it back. You can track it the entire process as well.

The hard part was deciding when to be without it for 10 days but I pulled the band aid off. Garmin has great customer service in my experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related) [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:
How do you recalibrate? I just gave up on my 920.

On the 935 it's under Settings -> Sensors & Accessories -> Altimeter -> Calibrate

Not sure if it's the same on the 920.
Quote Reply
Re: Kudos to Garmin (altimeter related) [AC_triwarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AC_triwarrior wrote:
I had issues with my 935 elevation readings and training load etc. It was so easy to hop on the Garmin chat and they sent me a ticket to mail in my watch. They sent me a new one in 10 days flat, from the time I mailed it to the time I got it back. You can track it the entire process as well.

The hard part was deciding when to be without it for 10 days but I pulled the band aid off. Garmin has great customer service in my experience.

Did that more than once. Thus the excitement when this saved me 10 days without. ;-)
Quote Reply