Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No bounce Hydration Belt
Quote | Reply

Best limited or no bounce running belts? Preferably one big bottle versus 2-3 small ones.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really seems that hydration vests are best for this. I have a Salomon S-Lab Sense 5 and love it
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^this

Only problem is some big running races don’t allow them.

I like the flip belt, but that gets you smaller bottles not the one big one you are looking for.

But hydration vest w/ bladder and bottles keeps me self supported for 3 hrs even in 90F heat.
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Nathan waist belt with 2 big bottles (that is supposedly no bounce) and it feels like I have Dolly Parton's tits bouncing on my backside. And yes I have fastened it tight.

It is so bad that I would rather run thirsty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best solution I've found is using tri shorts that have rear side pockets. I have some 2XUs that I can get two 10oz bottles in...no bounce, no chafing. They are my go tos for long runs.
Not these exact ones, but similar. Gels go in the center pocket.

Some bibs have rear pockets (ex.: https://www.theblackbibs.com/shop/adventure ). Haven't tried them, but they would fit a regular water bottle (no idea on the bounce, and you do have a chamois [that you could remove in theory]).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Nathan belts too. Or try Naked Running belts--can hold a lot, no bounce and very light. They don't come with a bottle but that also gives you freedom to use whatever brand bottle you like
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 21, 19 11:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best I've found is this: https://www.amphipod.com/.../profile-lite-breeze

customizable with liquid, gel, and phone holders. Also has inserts that will hold your race number too. Super comfortable, even on the hottest days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried all iterations of this, and the best belt solution I have found is with two smaller bottles, one on each hip. The weight of a single bottle is too prone to bouncing.

But I've given up on carrying hydration around my waist. If I just need 1 bottle's worth, I use a hand held bottle with a strap or, if there is a trash can on my route, I'll carry a disposable water bottle and toss it during the run.

For a longer run, I use a hydration vest. If you take the air out of the hydration bladder, there is no bouncing or sloshing. The only thing I don't like about a vest is that it makes your back extra hot in the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

The problem with most of them is that they have a webbing belt, rather than something really stretchy.

I have an old neoprene nathan thing that is super stretchy and doesn't move as well as a cheap Karrimor one.

The key is the stretchy belt bit.

I think Decathlon also do a couple of stretchy ones.

I use my Salomon vest for longer stuff though.

Pat.
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Avoneer wrote:
Hi,

The problem with most of them is that they have a webbing belt, rather than something really stretchy.

I have an old neoprene nathan thing that is super stretchy and doesn't move as well as a cheap Karrimor one.

The key is the stretchy belt bit.

I think Decathlon also do a couple of stretchy ones.

I use my Salomon vest for longer stuff though.

Pat.
I have the opposite experience. The belt I purchased from Decathlon with a stretchy belt bounces like crazy, I do not use it. The Nathan one I have, which is not stretchy, does not bounce.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Naked Running Band I wear mine for training, and racing tris and trails. I love it. I can carry 1 or 2 soft flasks plus gels during a tri. For training there is room for my phone, windbreaker etc. It functions very well no matter how full or empty it is. Just make sure you follow the guide to get the correct size.
edit: I re-read your post and see that you prefer a big bottle. The soft flasks that I use are 500ml. I think you could fit a 750ml in there but the 2x500s work very well.
Last edited by: east31: Nov 21, 19 15:08
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.camelbak.com/...4a3581d2fbfbdead1ebb

I hate bouncing too

i used this one for Ironman Canada this year and as long as you use a 500ml bidon it won’t bounce. I have trouble when I use a 750.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the naked running belt. The trade off of carrying a couple of smaller bottles (I usually go 2x10oz, or 1x10, 2x8, plus gels/chews/phone/etc) is worth it for me. Hands down, it's been the best running belt I've ever used by a long shot! The lack of bounce is fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipp80 wrote:
Best limited or no bounce running belts? Preferably one big bottle versus 2-3 small ones.

Thanks

I got sick of this problem and ponied up for a Salamon S-Lab Sense 2 vest and have never looked back. I don’t carry a bunch of stuff but the two squeeze bottles and sometimes a small flask in the back are hardly noticeable. I can pack some gels or bloks in too with no problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I carry a bottle in my hand when I run long. And since I have two (hands) this works well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nathan VaporKrar.

One 500ml softflask out back, and a pocket for a phone or some gels in the front and a couple of smaller side pockets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 Naked running band, but I agree it’s probably better with two 10oz flasks. No bouncing, room for keys. Getting the correct size is important. Also, in racing it takes a few more seconds to step into in T2.
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [Danmelbre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danmelbre wrote:
Also, in racing it takes a few more seconds to step into in T2.

Pull it over your head. You can do it while running out of T2.
Quote Reply
Re: No bounce Hydration Belt [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine’s too tight for that. If I stick with it I need at least one size bigger; maybe then.
Quote Reply