Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Impeachment public hearings begin [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:

I got it. Me either. I just don't see those in power creating that pathway. The long term ceding of power to that wing of the party (which isn't really a wing of the party) isn't going to happen

well, we are have and are continuing to witness the Republicans ceding power to someone who has no core values, let alone core values that align with their stated historical views. Everyone fell in line just fine after Trump gained the nom. Either they were being disingenuous all along, which I do not believe, or they would rather look past all of the downsides to stay in power. Why do you think the Democrats would be any different in this regard? Every one of them will fall in line if Bernie wins the nom because it's better than the alternative. Will it be enough? Who knows, but Democrats aren't going to boycott this election under any circumstance.
Quote Reply
Re: Impeachment public hearings begin [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

I got it. Me either. I just don't see those in power creating that pathway. The long term ceding of power to that wing of the party (which isn't really a wing of the party) isn't going to happen

well, we are have and are continuing to witness the Republicans ceding power to someone who has no core values, let alone core values that align with their stated historical views. Everyone fell in line just fine after Trump gained the nom. Either they were being disingenuous all along, which I do not believe, or they would rather look past all of the downsides to stay in power. Why do you think the Democrats would be any different in this regard? Every one of them will fall in line if Bernie wins the nom because it's better than the alternative. Will it be enough? Who knows, but Democrats aren't going to boycott this election under any circumstance.

OK thanks and good luck I'll leave this to you and Xtreme below
Last edited by: ironmayb: Feb 12, 20 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Impeachment public hearings begin [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
ironmayb wrote:

Because the democrats are not being blackmailed. You know Russia hacked the RNC too. I think what they found would be devastating for the GOP if it becomes public. Democrats are the first ones to call out their own. Al Franklin, Katie Hill, yet you have the Kevin McCarthy guilty of the same but you don't hear the GOP asking him to resign. Duncan Hunter was convicted and still refused to resign. The democrats would be very different in this regard. If Trump was a Democrat he would have been charged already, a DOJ memo would not have stopped it. The GOP's heads would have exploded.
Quote Reply
Re: Impeachment public hearings begin [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Because the democrats are not being blackmailed. You know Russia hacked the RNC too. I think what they found would be devastating for the GOP if it becomes public.

There is no conspiracy theory here. Republicans just know that the trump is the way they mantain power. They want power, so they support trump. They know that their base is shrinking and a minority. They need to sieze the initiative now to bias everything to minority rule so they can maintain power, even though they have less support that Democrats. This is supported by everything that he does. From the courts (installing judges to stop any legislation democrats pass), immigration (to hold back the demographic shift), and giving tax cuts (keeping the very wealthy very wealthy so they can use their wealth to fund their campaigns). Really every major trump goal is keep minority power entrenched.
Quote Reply
Re: Impeachment public hearings begin [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

Because the democrats are not being blackmailed. You know Russia hacked the RNC too. I think what they found would be devastating for the GOP if it becomes public.

There is no conspiracy theory here. Republicans just know that the trump is the way they mantain power. They want power, so they support trump. They know that their base is shrinking and a minority. They need to sieze the initiative now to bias everything to minority rule so they can maintain power, even though they have less support that Democrats. This is supported by everything that he does. From the courts (installing judges to stop any legislation democrats pass), immigration (to hold back the demographic shift), and giving tax cuts (keeping the very wealthy very wealthy so they can use their wealth to fund their campaigns). Really every major trump goal is keep minority power entrenched.

The conduct, loyalty and fawning is way beyond maintaining power. These people have given up any semblance of ethics or morality. They have created a dictator. If power was all it took for them to sell their souls it would have happened long ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Impeachment public hearings begin [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your assumption, falsely, is that being blackmailed is the only reason to fall in line to gain power. Nearly every democrat gains power by having one of their own at POTUS. It is really that simple. Bernie may not be their best chance, but when it comes down to it he would be good enough to get behind versus the current alternative.
Quote Reply

Prev Next