Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Yorkshire route in 4K screenshots
Quote | Reply
Two months ago Zwift released the brand new Yorkshire "world map" and it didn't disappoint. After riding it a handful of times I finally took some screenshots of the course. I've never been to Yorkshire or know the history behind its landmarks, but maybe some of you do and could share it with us.

These 4K screenshots were taken at the highest Zwift graphics settings (Ultra) on a gaming PC (Alienware R7). Hope you enjoy this virtual ride report:

https://www.cake.co/...te-in-4k-screenshots

Due to limitations on the uploaded image size here I can only post a small image preview:

I've posted another ride report and discussion on Zwift's Titans Grove in a Slowtwitch thread here.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Yorkshire route in 4K screenshots [Vilen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing! Keep an eye out for an article on the main page in the near future about to Zwift at Ultra 4K...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Yorkshire route in 4K screenshots [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Hoping for a sneak peak, but otherwise I'll keep an eye on the front page!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None of the pictures show it pouring with rain, totally unrealistic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just checked the graphics on my Apple TV 4K vs. Gaming PC, and the difference is stark. It turns out Apple TV 4K only renders Zwift world in 1080 with minimal lighting effects, basic shadows, and medium/basic textures. The HUD: leaderboards, stats, and maps are rendered at full 4K on top of the 1080p world. Apple TV 4K also struggles to output 30 fps while a decent Gaming PC would do 60+ fps. Most TVs only have a 60hrz refresh rate, so 60 frames are all that is needed, though.

I could do a true side-by-side comparison between Apple TV 4K vs. Gaming PC 4K. Since it is a pretty involved process to make a fair comparison, I'd love to know if there is enough interest in this topic.
Quote Reply