Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any recommendations for racing flats?
Quote | Reply
What does slowtwitch recommend for racing flats? Looking to replace my Asics DS Racers to use for 5ks to half marathons. I would like them to be nice and lightweight like my DS racers. Not sure Asics has a direct replacement for that model. I can't seem to find many articles about racing flats just many articles about vaporflys which are heavier and more expensive than what I'm looking for
Quote Reply
Re: Any recommendations for racing flats? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:
What does slowtwitch recommend for racing flats? Looking to replace my Asics DS Racers to use for 5ks to half marathons. I would like them to be nice and lightweight like my DS racers. Not sure Asics has a direct replacement for that model. I can't seem to find many articles about racing flats just many articles about vaporflys which are heavier and more expensive than what I'm looking for

I used to run in the ASICS hyper speed but they stopped making them, there is the hyper tri and also the ASICS tatherzeal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:

But have you heard about Vaporflys?

Seriously, Nike Streaks are pretty popular among hardcore runners while adidas adios have a little more cushion (and weight).
Quote Reply
Re: Any recommendations for racing flats? [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long time Asics Tartherzeal runner here..used them up to 6. They probably are what you are looking for to replace the DS.

But if you want the fastest shoes....yep....Vaporfly. Big bucks is very true.

I find my Zoomfly 3 are more comfortable and faster than tartherzeal even with the weight penalty and lack of super fancy magic foam.

Right now, Nike has a clearcut performance gap from the rest. It will be interesting to see how the others catch up and what new choices are on the horizon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you're looking for a touch of stability, I recently tried a pair of Brooks Asteria and I quite liked the ride. A little softer than a typical flat, but didn't feel like running in sand, kind of appreciated that towards the end of a run TBH. Unfortunately the heel cup tears up the back of my ankle (not gonna hold that against the shoe, just the way it sits on my foot). I just picked up a pair of New Balance 1500's and I've only done 10 miles on them with a couple strides, but so far I really like the ride and no rubbing/ fit issues. Planning to wear them in a turkey trot next week so that'll be their first proper go.
Quote Reply