Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wyn Republic? Tres Pinas? Looking for feedback
Quote | Reply
Looking for some feedback on these brands as Xmas gift for my wife to get her a new kit to race in for 2020.

She’s in to the smaller brands that are more unique (so please don’t say “Pearl Izumi”).

She loves Coeur (so that could still be option) and 2XU.

She finds Betty Designs don’t fit her well and aren’t comfortable.

Smash fest Queen is similar - comfy for 50 miles, but seams around the pad get uncomfortable past that.

Hates Wattie Ink current designs.

Both Wyn Republic and Tres Pinas have some kits she’d love. So looking for any feedback on these brands and how they compare to any of the above as far as fit/comfort go.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic? Tres Pinas? Looking for feedback [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Wyn Republic kits. I have two sets of their bibs and jerseys and their sleeveless tri-suit. My plan is to buy a sleeved trisuit for next year and more cycling kit as I phase out older stuff. I've done upto 70.3 in the trisuit and century days in the bibs and had no issues.

The sizing charts are pretty accurate but when I had sizing questions, Beth (the owner) was pretty good at replying and her recommendations were spot on.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic? Tres Pinas? Looking for feedback [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit biased so my first instinct is to say Zoot. There are some nice designs out there for women, and their tech fabric can't be beat.

Buuuuut if she likes something a little more unique, look at Safetti.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic? Tres Pinas? Looking for feedback [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
I'm a bit biased so my first instinct is to say Zoot. There are some nice designs out there for women, and their tech fabric can't be beat.

Buuuuut if she likes something a little more unique, look at Safetti.

Just went to check out Safetti - they have some really nice stuff and it's Canadian (no exchange rate! Cheap(ish) shipping! No duties!) Too bad they seem to have minimal sizes/stock right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for replies. Saffetti looks pretty nice. Limited color selection, but I’ll pencil them as an option.

Any experience with Tres Pinas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have raced 4 Ironmans in SOAS tri racing kits. Super comfy! I'll admit I do train in regular bike jersey's and shorts for long training rides since my tri kit is a sleeveless and I carry a ton of shit on a long ride (I live in a cold climate so even on a warm day the ride can start out at 50F so I dress in layers and need big pockets on a training ride).

SOAS Racing is a small company in San Diego run by women who are athletes. The clothing is made in the USA which is always a plus. Not really more expensive than other brands. Pricing is fair. But the most important aspects are: the kits fit nicely, they are flattering and comfy!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another +1 for Wyn. I only have a couple items that were gifted to me as well. Sizing is true to other cycling brands, and such a lovely fabric, especially on the jerseys and nicely fitted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Tres Piñas! Their designs are beautiful and their kits are super comfy. I have raced four races in Tres Piñas gear and not once during the race did I think about my kit. I also get so many compliments on the kits when I wear them. The owner is super nice too and their customer service is superb. It's a small, family owned company which means a lot these days when some of the more known triathlon companies are huge and impersonal. I can't rave about them enough!
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic? Tres Pinas? Looking for feedback [SwimBikeRun35] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!

SOAS - not sure about the designs and my wife liking them. Hopefully they’ll update them andi can add it to the mix for her.

Probably will pick Wyn and hope for good BF sale.
Quote Reply