Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I realize you probably don’t think of or haven’t seen 6min/mi used as a measure of a good runner. Fair enough, let’s scrap that measure from the discussion entirely :).

I doubt u ll disagree that 3h marathon or sub-1h bike TT are well known benchmarks for good marathon runners or bikers, is that fair?

With that said, do u know if such a somewhat arbitrary “measure” (or multiple measures) exists in the swimming community? And what is it?

Edit: To summarize the thread it seems like most answers gravitate somewhere in the 1:15-1:30 per 100m (1min 100scy, 6min 500scy, 20min 1500m, 4000m/h etc)
Last edited by: dbg0: Nov 18, 19 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [dbg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dbg0 wrote:
Ok, I realize you probably don’t think of or haven’t seen 6min/mi used as a measure of a good runner. Fair enough, let’s scrap that measure from the discussion entirely :).

I doubt u ll disagree that 3h marathon or sub-1h bike TT are well known benchmarks for good marathon runners or bikers, is that fair?

With that said, do u know if such a somewhat arbitrary “measure” (or multiple measures) exists in the swimming community? And what is it?

Edit: To summarize the thread it seems like most answers gravitate somewhere in the 1:15-1:30 per 100m (1min 100scy, 6min 500scy, 20min 1500m, 4000m/h etc)

To put your out of your unwitting misery: he was commenting on the fact that you are using Imperial measures (miles) in the rate for a metric distance (kilometers).

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Last edited by: klehner: Nov 18, 19 7:16
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What races do you do that a BOP athlete averages 21 MPH? I would say a BOP Oly athlete probably averages more like 16 MPH.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that, and also mixing measures of rates (min/mile) with absolute time standards (60 minutes for a 40km TT).

just use one e.g. 40min 10k run, 60 min 40k bike, 20 min 1500 run.

My OCD was twitching when reading that....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
that, and also mixing measures of rates (min/mile) with absolute time standards (60 minutes for a 40km TT).

just use one e.g. 40min 10k run, 60 min 40k bike, 20 min 1500 swim.

FIFY.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

just use one e.g. 40min 10k run, 60 min 40k bike, 20 min 1500 swim.

FIFY.

you haven't seen me "run", have you???

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
dbg0 wrote:

To put your out of your unwitting misery: he was commenting on the fact that you are using Imperial measures (miles) in the rate for a metric distance (kilometers).

I was just beginning to find it entertaining. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I think you mean CDO.

We need those letters in alphabetical order. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6:30min/mi 10K run? [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I think you mean CDO.

We need those letters in alphabetical order. :-)
LLO!!

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: What is the swim equivalent to sub 1h 40k bike TT or sub 6min/mi 10K run? [dbg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These threads are always such a round-about argument. Do you mean performance in a stand-alone event or as part of a triathlon? That's probably the biggest area of confusion among responses. I mean, a 70 min 40K TT in a tri someone said is reasonable but in a stand-alone TT, is pretty sorry. Same thing with the run.
Quote Reply

Prev Next